Helicopter Over head

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mkoala

Helicopter Over head

Post by mkoala »

Hi all,

Last night I was awoken by the sound of - what I believe was a police helicopter with a spot light flying around the top end of westwood hill/high level drive area at about midnight

This evening I have also noted a helicopter circling the same area from about 7pm - 8.30pm.

Wondered if anyone could shed any light or is it just a coincidence....
Annie

Re: Helicopter Over head

Post by Annie »

mkoala wrote:Hi all,

Last night I was awoken by the sound of - what I believe was a police helicopter with a spot light flying around the top end of westwood hill/high level drive area at about midnight

This evening I have also noted a helicopter circling the same area from about 7pm - 8.30pm.

Wondered if anyone could shed any light or is it just a coincidence....

I have just posted about that, It looks like they are lighting up cp tower in red white and blue, maybe for the Olympics?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Unless the Crystal Palace transmitter was flying over Sydenham / Forest Hill last night, I don't think it's the same thing!

I was woken by the helicopter too. I'm on the Sydenham / Forest Hill borders and it looked closer to the railway line to me. There were lots of sirens at the same time. Heard the police helicopter again this evening.
Annie

Post by Annie »

This evening,as I said, the helicopter was flying over and around the C.Palace tower, which was lighting up in red white and blue light.

I didnt say this is what happened last night.
Annie

Post by Annie »

Someone else on another thread says its for the Digital takeover on wednesday.

Shame, I was hoping it was for the Olympics. :)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

So it was just a co-incidence that the helicopter was around again tonight.

Would be nice if they kept the lights for the Olympics, since they have gone to all that trouble and expense. Maybe it will be like the London Eye - supposed to be temporary but saved by popular demand!
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Its back again, the noise is driving me mad!
Andwar

Post by Andwar »

I was reading a free magazine called The Transmitter last week and it mentioned that the transmitter was being lit up for the digital switchover on the 18th.

There were at least two helicopters around it last night but they finished about 8ish.

I think its a brilliant idea and would love it to stay. Perhaps they could do something like the Effiel Tower and only light it up on the hour.
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

The tower has been lit up since Sunday and seems to be gearing up to tomorrow night's switchover event.
There was a lot of helicopter activity over the park and my road over last few days but I don't know whether any of the activity was related to each other.
I wish the lights were staying too. It looks brilliant!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
cazinsyd

Post by cazinsyd »

Last night I was disturbed by a very loud droning noise and helicopters near Wells Park that went on for a really long time. Anyone else hear it?
I hammer

Post by I hammer »

Did you say drones?