Tonight's trasmitter light show

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dickp

Tonight's trasmitter light show

Post by dickp »

You'd think it would be easy to spot the CP trasmitter all over Sydenham and CP, so we get a good view of tonight's light show at 9:15pm. Turns out it's not.

The official Twitter party is being held in the Alma in CP- where the transmitter is totally hidden. In fact, the only place you can see the transmitter near the Alma is half way along the Church Road part of the triangle. The alternative venue is the Grape and Grain. That’s OK, but somewhat hidden behind trees. Westow House's beer garden seems to have a decent view, but the NSC and tree line totally blocks the view from the Bridge House Tavern.

The very best place to view the lightshow will be on the top terraces. For Upper Sydenham residents, there are also some obscure, but good, vantage points, such as Westow Hill near Cambridge Circus, or Mayborne Close, near to Sydenham's tennis Courts.

Enjoy!
Rachael

Re: Tonight's trasmitter light show

Post by Rachael »

Lennard Road. Direct line of sight for the whole transmitter.

Crystal Palace is the worst place to be. You need to move away from a large object to see it fully!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

Great! Thanks for that tip rshdunlop, see you all on Lennard Road at 9.15pm! :D
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Mazzer wrote:Great! Thanks for that tip rshdunlop, see you all on Lennard Road at 9.15pm! :D
Save a spot for me!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Andwar

Post by Andwar »

Saw the CP lightshow last night from Laurie Park Avenue and enjoyed it very much especially the countdown at the beginning.

The disappointing bit was that nothing was mentioned on the BBC London news at 10:20pm. A big event like this which could be seen from most of London and not a squeek on the evening news.
dickp

Post by dickp »

Really? I thought it was a bit rubbish!

Hundreds of people standing out on the CP terraces, waiting for the display - which was 15 mins late - and wasn't any more impressive than the testing they'd been doing all week.

I was expecting new stuff - big lasers and flashing lights. And maybe the odd firework.

Meanwhile, in the hospitality tent, Chris Evans, and David Attenborough seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Ah well, the dog had a nice walk.
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

Wasn't disappointed that the BBC didn't mention it, rather I was extremely annoyed. Would have made for spectacular visuals. Mind you, we might see a feature tonight. Fingers crossed. I expect it'll take some processing to ready such tricky footage.

We had a reasonable view from outside our front door on Longton Grove. Will post a picture and a video clip later.

PaulTreacy.com
alywin

Post by alywin »

Andwar wrote:A big event like this which could be seen from most of London and not a squeek on the evening news.
Well, I couldn't see it from about a mile down the hill. Too close, I guess :(
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I could see the clouds lighting up, and realised that something was going on, but the only way I had of seeing the tower was to open our attic window right up, and sit on the ledge leaning right out into night air. Impressive light show, but I hadn't seen or heard any promotional media for this - you'd think there would have been something.