KFC Poster - Spring Hill

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Moonpig

KFC Poster - Spring Hill

Post by Moonpig »

Can anyone shed any light on the large poster of the KFC Colonel displayed on the side of what used to be called The Brick Store on Spring Hill?! This would be a very bizarre location to open a KFC however stranger things have happened....
Search East

Re: KFC Poster - Spring Hill

Post by Search East »

It's a great bizarre poster!

I've taken a pic, but so far linking attempts to show it on this site have failed! (shall keep trying) :D

Lets see if it works this time:

Last edited by Search East on 21 May 2012 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Where is the brick store? Is it near the old club?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
biscuitman1978

KFC Poster - Spring Hill

Post by biscuitman1978 »

It looks like the head of the KFC colonel impaled on a chicken bone, rather than the standard corporate image.

Perhaps it's intended as some kind of Banksy-esque art?!
Moonpig

Post by Moonpig »

It is behind Zanzibar nightclub, it looks a bit like a converted garage -someone has been renovating it for around a year.

When walking past, I overheard a group of school children discussing crush'ems and popcorn chicken, so whether intentional or not it is a providing a bit of advertising for KFC! :D
gillyjp

Post by gillyjp »

Sadly I am unable to share or join in with the enthusiasm over this 'art work' since it is directly in my line of vision when I look out of my living room window. I really feel that people should think about the impact of their actions before they inflict their whims on others.

Believe it or not this is a residential area not the high street. It has duly been reported to the Love Clean Streets site (used to be Love Lewisham) as fly posting. I hope it is taken down soon.

We are not amused....
biscuitman1978

KFC Poster - Spring Hill

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I agree that it's not the right place for it, and nor is it acceptable for people to 'inflict their whims on others'.

That said, it did raise a smile when I walked past this morning, if only because it was a bright and colourful contrast to the depressingly drab former snooker club.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'm lovin' it.