Houses built in Crystal palace park?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
downthehill

Re: Houses built in Crystal palace park?

Post by downthehill »

While a plan that is staggered may seem more achievable, it's also prone to mission creep and a turnover of leaders that mean all momentum is lost.
I agree. Which is why, in my view, it’s better to engage with the key decision makers constructively (pardon the pun) and maintin that relationship so that the link between the decision maker and the community the decisions effects is not lost.

Attacking anything and everything they suggest (and using “vituperative” language in dealing with them, and fellow residents for that matter) and not offering/proposing any alternative only ever leads to one result in my view.

Human nature takes over and they stop listening, regardless of whether you shout louder and louder and louder.
tulse hill terry

Post by tulse hill terry »

I think so much of this proposal has come from and will be decided by people holding powers for others.

As the redevelopment has always been the primary stage it is obviously their priority.

Negotiationing or objecting about the redevolpments relationship to the far off benefits to the park, is about as self-reassuring as begging for mercy from a gun men.

It is the planners making the redevelopment non-negotiable, not objectors to it nor those who remain open minded to butterfly houses and tree walks.

I really can't believe that I can't make my nihlism more apparent, and residents fighting it out between themselves is a pitiable legacy. At one point will the finger pointing start again as the new arrivals enjoy their view of the still crumbling terraces ?

Full glasses of "planning blight" all round . . . . .
downthehill

Post by downthehill »

I think so much of this proposal has come from and will be decided by people holding powers for others
Agree it was very much a top down, not bottom up , proposal but at leasts there is currently the possibility of management of the park being placed in the hands of a community trust - Who knows, we might end up with the possibility , now that the LDA is gone, that MP implementation is passed to the trust, who could decide not to build (?)
As the redevelopment has always been the primary stage it is obviously their priority.

Negotiationing or objecting about the redevolpments relationship to the far off benefits to the park
Not sure I agree with you on this because the parts of the MP to be implemented with the housing revenue are to be carried out after a developer has paid up front and completed before occupation of the houisng can take place - these are terms writen into the 106's - so at least part of implementation runs in parallel to, not after, the housing.

Agree with you on this though
residents fighting it out between themselves is a pitiable legacy
Unfortunately though I think that started long before the housing proposals were complete, as many who attended the initial consultations in 2007 will remember (and who recorded their dismay on this very forum)

http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=996
http://www.sydenham.org.uk/comment_cpca ... r_foe.html
http://www.sydenham.org.uk/comment_cpca ... ponse.html
tulse hill terry

I was present all that time ago to hear raised voices on both sides, my aspiration in commenting on this site is to be a sort of "anti-troll."

Constantly harping on about objectors and their puce faced objecting is just adding a whine to shouting.

The Masterplan is after all just a [very expensive] collection of paper. Picking over the finer points of it is just something to do - in my opinion. The increase in more publically accessible land is something that has not needed to wait for five years and is being held as a bargaining chip.

Of course being remotely sceptical has already led to me being lumped with one side.

ALIB said :
What a Payne
You have Lord Plymouth to thank, that it wasn't all built over in 1911, and Sir Henry Buckland wanted the Palace site to become the National Conference Centre. It is only planning indecision that means all this land remains undeveloped. It is not the public's enjoyment of green space that has "preserved" any of it.
Duke of Clarence

Post by Duke of Clarence »

tulse hill terry wrote: Constantly harping on about objectors and their puce faced objecting is just adding a whine to shouting.
Spot on!

It is also totally misleading to present those who do not believe that the MP is the only way forward for CPP as non-negotiable or obstructive or unable to work constructively with those in power. I would also point out that not everyone who objects to the MP is a CPCA member - in fact I would say the vast majority, like me, are not CPCA members. The attempts on this thread to stoke up old divisions to further a particular view are neither constructive nor progressive.
tulse hill terry wrote:The Masterplan is after all just a [very expensive] collection of paper. Picking over the finer points of it is just something to do - in my opinion. The increase in more publically accessible land is something that has not needed to wait for five years and is being held as a bargaining chip.
Again spot on. To date it has cost somewhere in region of £10m that could have been spent in the park had the authorities not been so rigid in their determination to force through a controversial scheme that does not have the wide support it claims.

If the powers that be want wide spread support for their Masterplan then it is time they listened to the community. The GLA currently has funding available for CPP - it's about £8m. Now why not modify the MP? Ditch the housing element and scrap digging up car parks to relocate elsewhere. Forget about sunken gardens and giant greenhouse. Instead invest the public money in restoration of terraces, museum, cafe, toilets and revamping the area at the side of the bus station so markets and other community focused events can take place but don't make it into an overspill carpark.
davegr

Post by davegr »

If the powers that be want wide spread support for their Masterplan then it is time they listened to the community. The GLA currently has funding available for CPP - it's about £8m. Now why not modify the MP? Ditch the housing element and scrap digging up car parks to relocate elsewhere. Forget about sunken gardens and giant greenhouse. Instead invest the public money in restoration of terraces, museum, cafe, toilets and revamping the area at the side of the bus station so markets and other community focused events can take place but don't make it into an overspill carpark.
Totally agree with the Duke here. :D
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

davegr wrote:
Totally agree with the Duke here. :D
If i may,....I think The Duke has previously come across as very 'stone-wallish' on STF regarding previous issues. (I appreciate it is difficult to interpret the 'tone' of postings)
His/her most recent contributions on this thread have been articulate and well-argued , and now with positive suggestions.
I agree with The Duke and davegr. With a bit of tweeking.
Obviously CPP would benefit from more revenue, so how about repairing the stage in the bowl and having a few more organised 'events' in the summer, as has been previously suggested.
concerts in the bowl, fireworks, the racing car/bike weekend, athletics ? As well as the updated museum cafe and new market would generate (potentially) a lot more income than sunken gardens and greenhouses, and at a fraction of the cost.
Last edited by ALIB on 20 Jun 2012 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Where does the figure of £8 million come from out of interest Duke?

NIce to finally hear what you do think should be done to the park Duke and it makes sense. Although I think the ideas in the masterplan, especially around the sports centre, are great and it would make it a much more sensitive building and get rid of the ugly concrete that detracts from the original building. It would have been far more productive to have said all this earlier!

Bromley spend around £1 million on the park a year so I've heard, I'd be interested to know how much £8million would go towards all that Duke has listed.
downthehill

Post by downthehill »

Which is, if I may so so Duke, an excellent example of actually putting forward positive alternatives, rather than spending more energy and time on looking at what can't be changed (for now) - an approved MP.

And perhaps one way of changing things is to get behind the idea of the community trust, put aside harsh words and support those in the community who are trying to shape it ? Including pushing hard (through persuasion not condemnation) to ensure that the terms of the trust, and the obligations of the trustees, are to include greater local consultation and to commit to housing being a last, rather than first , resort ?

Perhaps , for once, something we might both agree on ?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

LEE WAVES FLAG.

ACCORD. ACCORD. ACCORD. ACCORD. ACCORD. ACCORD.!

And I thought it was just a Honda. It exists. It's like Neville Chamberlain in 1939 all over again. YEAH! PEACE!!!!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

As Hitler once said,... "Don't come to a party empty-handied. You need tanks and machine guns to persuade the populace"
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

But, if i may. There are a handful of people contributing to this thread. It's kind of comforting that people with opposed veiws can reach some sort of agreement.
However, there are many hundreds, and probably thousands of local residents, who hold different opinions, and there is no concesus between them.

That is the challenge
tulse hill terry

At the meetings I attended, staffed by people employed by a PR company and hired by the LDA it was astonishing how everything dissolved in smoke and mirrors, except housing. Of course this was immediately pounced on by objectors, when it was clear to me that a little subtle questioning and they would have hung themselves. It's all too easy to take the Masterplan at face value.
If the powers that be want wide spread support for their Masterplan then it is time they listened to the community.
It was clear that only lipservice was being paid to the community.
However, there are many hundreds, and probably thousands of local residents, who hold different opinions, and there is no concesus between them.
I think the pressure to seek consensus is what is causing so much division between interested members of the public, and leaving the 'disinterested' majority cold. The public as a whole, are by nature passive, attractions are more of a draw as a concept, than trees and grass.

it was interesting to see this image

It shows two buildings, built to be temporary, one of which [the Canadian Paliament Building] stood for 40 years !

I see the Crystal Palace Park as a masterpiece. If you don't replace what was there with what is fake, you conserve, indicating what was lost, in a neutral and reversible way.

Why damage such a multi purpose space as the terrace for example, with permanent ramps and sunken gardens - which will cost how much to maintain let alone build.

Why not use the park for all sorts of temporary features and events ? These would attract and interest the public in the park.

But then now I am being drawn into speculative plans . . . . .
downthehill

Post by downthehill »

As Hitler once said,... "Don't come to a party empty-handied. You need tanks and machine guns to persuade the populace"
We appear to have just proved Godwin's law :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
It is also totally misleading to present those who do not believe that the MP is the only way forward for CPP as non-negotiable or obstructive or unable to work constructively with those in power. I would also point out that not everyone who objects to the MP is a CPCA member - in fact I would say the vast majority, like me, are not CPCA members. The attempts on this thread to stoke up old divisions to further a particular view are neither constructive nor progressive.
For clarity Duke I am not seeking to achieve any of what you suggest.

Nor have I ever suggested that it is only the CPCA who are against the housing. My point in posting the link back to the argument which erupted after the public meeting in 2007 was that there are, and have been since the very beginning, different points of view about the MP but turning the guns on your neighbours, whichever side of the debate they sit, and using inflammatory language, and refusing to leave room for other points of view is not helpful.

It stops good (and bad) points, on both sides, from being articulated, presented and listened to.

It turns a rational argument into abuse

It leads, in my personal view, to established community groups so polarising their relationships with others that they lose support from what should be their natural support base and/or risk coming to be regarded as impossible/unattractive to work with - A point Admin made in his response to the CPCA's criticims of this forum as long ago as 2007 and one which THT has just articulated very eloquently ("I think the pressure to seek consensus (i.e not allow for differing views) is what is causing so much division between interested members of the public, and leaving the 'disinterested' majority cold)

But most importantly of al , refusing to leave room for other points of view leads to critical detail being obscured by propaganda (on both sides). This is what I meant when I referred way back in my very first post on the thread to "inaccurate hyperbole about the housing " and gave the example of the caravan site – all the focus is on the housing and none on the fact that the carvan park footprint is much larger than that of the housing and it is not accessible parkland . Ditto the constant reference to MOL when only part of the housing will be on MOL.

Regrettably you took my use of the phrase "inaccurate hyperbole about the housing" as a personal attack on the No view and this appears to have triggered your antipathy to pretty much everything I said subsequently. It wasn't an attack on the "No " view but a comment that, in my view, the very strong views on either side lead to the issues being unfairly and partially, presented. I explained this but to no avail -
What I said was that there was alot of inaccurate hyperbole about the housing - I said nothing at all about the view of those who, on principle, do not agree with the sale of parkland for housing under any circumstances. I was referring to hwo information is (mis)represented.)
At the risk of proving Godwins law again, the point I was making about “inaccurate hyperbole” was if you let strong feelings and a dislike of those who hold a different view get in the way of presenting a case fairly (e.g by presenting assertions and opinions as facts, withholding information or not citing or sourcing the basis of your view) it starts to look less like informing the debate and more like propaganda. As Herr Goebels would put it "The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over" and you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

But if you can get past the name calling and the yah booing, respect each other views and actually talk through the pros and cons, the risks and the rewards, then sensible compromise usually comes out.

I guess what I am trying to say is that whatever you may think of my opinions, and how I express them the fact remains I live here, I am interested in local issues and I want to play my part in shaping the area in which I live.

As I know do you.

The area is facing multiple and very difficult challenges – from the park, the library, 25 Church Road, CPFC and the NSC, efforts to revive the NCP idea, school place shortages, housing shortages, pressure on infrastructure, lack of strategic planning vision between boroughs etc etc
I know from our previous conversations that on most of these issues, park aside, that we pretty much agree and have both worked together very well in the past – so why can’t you just accept I have different view on the park and let me have my say without , for example suggesting I
needs to step up and get to grips with the facts”
“or that
I don't think listening is on his radar!”
“ or that either I (or Lee for that matter to whom you addressed the same question) need to justify our view by explaining how often we use the park (something I note you have not asked any of the other posters who support your view)

Everyone who lives in the are has skin the game here so isn’t it better that all this energy is focussed on achieving common goals tha evryone can live with rather than name calling
tulse hill terry

Unacustomed as I am to Motivational speaking . . . .

http://www.confidentfuture.com.au/blog/ ... uggestion/
Duke of Clarence

What a difference a day makes.

Lee- the revenue is from the Mayor's office. Initially £2m was put aside but post March more was been found from underspends.

AliB - I am delighted that you see through this Stepford Wives bluster and found your observations about my posts pleasing and amusing. You are right I was, and still am, "stone-wallish" when it comes to the debate about having a 40k capacity football stadium in CPP. Fortunately CPFC2010 have announced they will not be submitting any planning apps but instead will invest in the land they actually own and that has been the home of the Eagles for 80+ years. Any suggestion on this thread that supporting the MP will keep the wolves/eagles from the door is incorrect.

THT aka TNT - loved your link and totally concur with your posts.

As regards the comments about being focused on the negative aspects can I remind one and all that I was responding to Annie's question Houses Built In CPP, not what would you like to see in CPP. I will not get behind the Masterplan until it is modernised/modified and I have not fallen for the L'Oreal line "because the Masterplan's worth it".

Such a shame that so time and public money went into forcing the LDA's vision for CPP. The LDA PR machine is still at work today - touch of genius way it deflected public antipathy. I did not attend the meetings THT mentions but they sound like a right royal stitch up - it's needlework all the way!
downthehill

Post by downthehill »

Fortunately CPFC2010 have announced they will not be submitting any planning apps but instead will invest in the land they actually own and that has been the home of the Eagles for 80+ years
Could you provide the source for this please. Where is this announcment ? I'd be interested in reading this.

And in spirit of taking up your invitation I "get to grips with the facts" could you clarify precisely who submitted in the recent court proceedings that the cost of the MP was now in excess of £100 million and the housing would raise less than £5 million - Was this a CPCA submission or by the LDA ?

And if , as you suggest this was accepted can you set out how - a formal admission by the LDA in a filed document ?

I ask because the judge still referred to the £68 million figure , as did Bromley as recently as October last year

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Adm ... /1574.html

I don't suppose you'll answer my questions because, as far as I acn see, it is pretty clear how you operate

1. Make an assertion dressed up as a fact
2. Don't source the information you rely on or publish it
3. When pressed to clarify , swiftly skirt over matters and avoid answering by making another load of assertions dressed up as facts
4. Don't source that information either or publish anything to support your claims
5. When pressed again , go route one, play the man and not the ball and resort to insults(and in some cases blatant untruths)

What was it I said about propaganda....
stepford wives bluster
?

If you are simply going to continue to demean the views of others , without actually any knowledge of what they are , how they developed and what "facts" they do and don't have then I am afraid it says rather alot more about you and your prejudices, than it does about theirs (or mine)

Like everyone else, including you, those engaed in the debate can only form a view on the information that is actually made available - if it's not made available then what are set out as facts remain what they actually are, unproven assertions which may not stand up to much scrutiny when tested.

A bit like this one
like me, are not CPCA members
-I suspect.

It's also a pity that you didn't attend the meetings or become involved in the issue much much earlier than you have because, had you done so, you might understand why ordinary members of the public who went to the public meeting at Anerley Town Hall walked out over the behaviour of a small minority who seemed hell bent on disruptive tactics which stifled any other opinion or questions from being raised. Unlike you I did attend that meeting (and others), as I have told you in the past , I am afraid that the behaviour, and other behavior exhibited by a small minority of the No campaign, was wholly couterproductive and - at leasts in my case - ened up losing support rather than gaining it .

Certainly in my case I slowly but surely went from being sympathetic to the no view (and in fact sympathetic to the CPCA) to a position where I had lost complete faith in the accuracy/impartiality and fairness of how the No point of view was being presented, how it was being conducted and how anyone, with a different view, was being treated.

So rather than swallow the propaganda hook, line and sinker, and the repeat it polly parrot fashion without engaging my brain to verify it, I went off and did my own research and ultimately, over a three year period of extensively following the debate concluded that the argument was wrong and that , on balance, the trade off between some money from limited housing (on land not really used as park and in circumstanaces where other inaccessible land would be returne to park) and an MP was better than no MP and no money.

And before I get another volley of presumptive nonsense or thnly veiled insults from you Duke about how I think, my apparent lack of grasps of the facts and my intolerance of other opinions, such that of the CPCA - I can actually prove how my opinion developed amd prove that i took steps to get involved and critically consider what was being said because a summary of my views (in my posts as jamesl) appears here

http://www.virtualnorwood.com/forum/top ... ge__st__30 -

Unlike you I don't believe in simply making sweeping assertions, dressed up as facts, and then not taking the trouble to prove them when asked. Far from holding an entrenched view and not listening I made up my own mind over time, and after actually enagaging with the process.

I supect I am wasting my breath with you but you may care to look at what I said in 2005 - such as post 114
Silver I think you are being a little unfair on the CPCA. My experience was that all they were trying to do was to encourage residents to approach the consultation with a more questioning mind. I don't agree with all of CPCA's stance because too my mind they focus too much on blocking the suggested solutions without offering any detailed alternatives. Equally some of the proposals appear quite reasonable (for example potentially losing the Caravan Park is no great loss in my opinion). However what they have done is point out what the LDA aren't saying which I think is very important.

I had the same experience as Axean's - namely that the second stage of the consultation is far more limited than the first and the presentation and questionairre appears driven towards encouraging one particular response. This was exactly what happened during stage one when LDA asked if you wanted "extensive improvement" but made no mention of the fact that funding this would entail selling parts of the park. Frankly I am beginning to suspect that the "consultation" is nothing more than a cosmetic measure and I am glad that CPCA are pointing out it's faults.

or this one
My preferred view on funding is direct funding from the Mayor's Office rather than a PPP arrangement because in my view it is the thin end of the wedge. Having established the principle of selling parts of the park to raise funding what happens when more money is needed - another sale of bigger parts of the park ?
And compare it with my view by 2007 such as this one (post 458)

[quoteThere was an uncomfortable lack of concrete suggestions on where to turn for funding. A list was given that included lots of lottery funding, private-public partnerships, etc, but it will take a lot of hard work to get those funds"

I thought lottery funding was a serious option ?

The park working groups report from 20/02/06 says

• "New source of funding has become available, £90m from Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF)
o This could help reduce the housing requirements for the park
o This may stop organisations from campaigning on a single issue (housing)
o Problems about how we apply for it though
o A lot of people have concerns about housing"

Nevertheless isn't the clear lack of other sources of investment precisely why Housing should be considered as an option to raise money?

I'd rather have £12 million towards some rejuvination that £0 million and nothing at all.

This is why I get so fed up with the No brigade - saying no is so easy when you don't come up with an alternative source of funding. I really wish the CPCA would expend the same amount of energy they do on the "No housing" campaign to identifying alternative forms of funding.

I'm also just not convinced that the case for no housing is as overwhelming as the CPCA claim it is.

If you actually read the analysis of the public consultation it is clear that it is only in CP that people (apparently) have such strong feelings. The opinions against housing around the Rockhill and Sydenham gate were far less strong. The numbers who voted on the Triangle gate area were only a few hundred so it's easy for a well motivated (but small in number) pressure group to vote on mass and give the impression that "no housng" is the "overwhelming view" (to quote CPCA) of the majority in CP.

I'm also not convinced that the much vaunted 7000 signature petition gives an accurate view. The constant gripe on the CPCA's website is that the consultation process is skewed and biassed without any acceptance that their own petition was hardly impartial. The petiition (when read carefully) actually only asks whether , as a point of principle, you are opposed to the selling off of parkland for housing.

I think most people would agree with the basic sentiment but I think you would get a very different view if the petition also mentioned "but in saying no you are risking the possibility of even basic rejuvination of the park"

It's so disappointing that a so called "community " association has become so entrenched and focussed on one issue that Nigel Westaway & Associates and The Environment Council felt compelled to say in a letter accompanying the Crystal Palace Main Group meeting agenda that "some dialogue members have found recent meetings frustrating or unpleasant and we have had frequent comments that they are dominated by a small number with others getting little opportunity to speak". Under the heading of 'Group representation' it said "I would like to remind you that groups attending the meeting should send no more than five representatives".

[/quote]

So as I said using inflammatory language, and refusing to leave room for other points of view is not helpful. It stops good (and bad) points, on both sides, from being articulated, presented and listened to. It turns a rational argument into abuse. It leads, in my personal view, to established community groups so polarising their relationships with others that they lose support from what should be their natural support base and it leads to critical detail being obscured by propaganda (on both sides).
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Pardon. Could you summarise that please? Thanks.
downthehill

Post by downthehill »

Pardon. Could you summarise that please? Thanks.
I ll try If you really want me to.

The point I am making is that I have set out my opinion on housing in the park, and where possible explained why I hold it, explained how my view developed (e.g link's to the VN thread where my posts set out a trail of how my opinion developed since 2005) and linked what I have said on this thread to documents and information sources, wherever possible, so that others can make up their own minds about what I say.

I have no objection (why would I ?) to others disagreeing with my opinion. I'm not ashamed of it and ultimately all opinions are subjective. There are no right or wrong opinions, there are just opinions. However I do object to the Duke dismissing my opinion on the basis that I don't have a grip on the facts, when:

She has no idea what facts and information I have considered to reach my opinion.
She has not spelt out what "facts" she believes I am unaware of in reaching my opinion.
She presents counterpoints to my opinion as if they are facts, when these "facts" are actually nothing more than assertions, speculation or her opinion. They are not facts.
She accuses me of holding an opinion which is based on my not having a grip on the "facts" when, in relation to the assertions and opinions she sets outs, she is unwilling or, seemingly, incapable of either proving them or even supporting them ( by citing or publishing the material on which she relies or even answering basic questions). Assertions which are not provable or which only tell part of the story are not facts, they are assertions or opinions (or propaganda, depending on your point of view)

I also object to The Dukes' suggestion that listening is "not on my radar" or that I have an intolerant view of the opinions of others in circumstances where: First, despite her denials, she is a close supporter of an element of the no campaign who have, in my opinion, exhibited the very behaviours she condemns me for (arrogance and intolerance) and, second, she has quite wrongly suggested I am threatening her in my posts, when I have done no such thing.

Hope that's clear. Make of it what you will.

It's just my opinion.
Duke of Clarence

I apologise in advance for the length of this post and for feeding the frenzy but this is the last response dth's posts are going to get from me no matter what further insults and smears he indulges in. I must say I find this public fighting and disclosure of personal information detracts from the topic, is off putting and does nothing to further views or causes - no matter how laudable they may be.

The facts that dth is unable or unwilling to get to grips with are that the data he uses to promote the Masterplan is not relevant. The links he has kindly provided to the Masterplan glossy brochure to validate his support of the Masterplan's glossy brochure, rely on the regurgitation of out of date figures. Those facts are fundamental in reaching a conclusion as to whether it is really worth selling off parkland for housing.

I was at the Royal Courts of Justice to observe the legal challenge back in March and that is where the information regards the increased costs and fallen land value were raised and accepted by the Mr Justice Kieth and the LDA.

The news about CPFC 2010 came via a source who was at a meeting where Steve Parris broke news that it is highly unlikely a planning app will be submitted due to too many obstacles with CPP, he went on to dislcose new palns for revamped for Selhurst. There is no offical announcement but here are some comments from the bbs forum:

"As a Millwall fan and a local resident to CPP, I'm glad its all over in regard to the pipe dream of building a stadium there. Much better to redevelop SP and do a good job of that."

"I live by the park and would have liked it being a 3 min walk to the ground, but it would interfere with my matchday routine, I would prefer to stay at Selhurst, but as a local the park is just going to be left to rot until a large building company finally get there way and big parts of it will be used for housing and the NIMBY's will be to blame."

The 2007 predicted implementation costs are now almost double the £68m quoted in the glossy brochure. There are a number of reasons behind this one being the omission of proffessional fees and the other being the economic market. The land value as dth points out is protected by law as it can not be sold for less than £11m but it is not protected against relative costs. ie as I have mentioned before the increased implementation costs will significantly reduce the value of the sale of land. Plus the money from land sale will only be reaped once and will not contribute to the greatly increased maintenance costs.

And for the record I have been on the receiving end of dth's vitriol in the past and I can tell you that it simply does not stop. The posts will get longer and longer and more spiteful the more I engage - hence my stonewalling last few tomes.

Six months ago I blocked his phone and email from my contact list due to the increasingly abusive and malicious correspondence - reading some of the stuff he sent was distressing and left me feeling emotionally battered. He has been unable to communicate with me for sometime now but unfortunatley he has found an outlet for his frustration here - hence the OTT posts. Whilst I accept others may have an interest in what he has to say I do not and I respectfully request that he stops directing his comments at me as I find his presence here unwelome and the fact he keeps alluding to having knowledge of me both threatening and creepy.

It is unfortunate that he cannot just set out his support of the Masterplan, the LDA and Bromley council, without airing his deeply entrenched prejudices about individuals and community organisations that do not share his admiration or confidence in the powers that be or their plans for the future of CPP.

As I said the LDA PR machine was well and truly awesome...