The Greyhound

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Re: The Greyhound

Post by Eagle »

A mess.
apcmoomin

Post by apcmoomin »

It doesn't appear to have had much work done in the last few weeks.I walked past at 11.30 this morning and there doesnt appear to be anyone onsite.gates padlocked when i went past.not looking good.....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Surely the devolpers has not gone bust at this stage.

Will the building ever be rebuilt?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

:shock:
Last edited by leenewham on 30 Aug 2012 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
simono

Post by simono »

Actually they did quite a lot of work on it today. Builders always take a couple of weeks off during August so will all be back on track now I think.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

:D
simono

Post by simono »

Further to my previous post I was somewhat alarmed that they have taken down most of the scaffolding from the building. Given you can't mend the gutters on a building that high without scaffolding for health and safety reasons, they certainly will not be able to rebuild all the brickwork and put on a new roof without a scaffold. I can only assume that they have taken it down to put it up again which would be very odd, unless of course they have given up again.
Alternatively, Hexagon the site owners may have given an ultimatum as they should have had their flats occupied at least 6 months ago and the building works will ahve stopped them doing so. Also there is no way Sainsbury's can move in unless the shop is more accessible. They may want everything cleared so they can actually get some income on the site.
It will be interesting to see what is going on!
Sydenhamite

Post by Sydenhamite »

Its just one disappointment after another - is anyone involved in the planning of this project able to pull their finger out and get it done? The pub was supposed to be open last Christmas as I remember. Frankly I just bored of it all now. Oh, and where have Antic disappeared to anyway, they has promised to open locally - no news on that either?!
simono

Post by simono »

The scaffolding all appears to be down and certainly at the back they are putting up a semi permanent fence by the looks at it. :(
perryman

Post by perryman »

The front right hand window has a massive (inches) crack through the lintel.
The crack goes up the brickwork and through the 1st floor window structure too.

For a wall that currently is bearing no load, this seems a worrying development.
In digging out the basement, they may have accidentally (?) damaged the foundations of the front wall.

I've no idea if this problem is holding up the work, but would have thought it needs to be addressed before any more internal work or the roof work is started.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'd suggest that if anyone want to know what's going on, they contact Lewishams PLanning department and Purelake.

Works are on hold for a while, which is why the scaffolding is down. Not good for the building as the roof isn't on yet.
biscuitman1978

The Greyhound

Post by biscuitman1978 »

An application (ref DC/12/80805/FT) has been submitted to vary two of the conditions imposed on the original planning permission.

Those conditions, in their original form, require that before any of the residential units are occupied:
- The tiled wall on the rear of the pub must be completed
- Arrangements for the reuse of the tiles from the old drinking corridor must be agreed with the council

If the application to vary the conditions is approved it will mean that the residential units can be occupied before both these things are done. Instead, they would simply need to be done before the pub/restaurant is occupied.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Regarding the tiles on the rear wall, I think that's fair, Purelake are committed to it (I have that in writing) and with all the messing about with the building it's been stop start with us.

Remember to submit your images for the mural: http://www.whatifsydenham.wordpress.com
jonekt

Post by jonekt »

Sincerely hope the residential units are not allowed to be occupied until the pub is completed. Otherwise there will be less incentive to finish it off & get someone into the building.

laurita

Post by laurita »

biscuitman1978 wrote:An application (ref DC/12/80805/FT) has been submitted to vary two of the conditions imposed on the original planning permission.

Those conditions, in their original form, require that before any of the residential units are occupied:
- Arrangements for the reuse of the tiles from the old drinking corridor must be agreed with the council

If the application to vary the conditions is approved it will mean that the residential units can be occupied before both these things are done. Instead, they would simply need to be done before the pub/restaurant is occupied.
The variation to the conditions mentioned above were approved/granted on 20/09/2012. Here's the link http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XS ... mkey=67141

I'm no surveyor but it seems to be that the residential units can be occupied prior to the completion of the tiled wall and prior to an agreement over the use of the tiles from the old drinking corridor. The commercial units cannot be occupied before this work is done.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
biscuitman1978

The Greyhound

Post by biscuitman1978 »

laurita wrote:
biscuitman1978 wrote:An application (ref DC/12/80805/FT) has been submitted to vary two of the conditions imposed on the original planning permission.

The variation to the conditions mentioned above were approved/granted on 20/09/2012. Here's the link http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XS ... mkey=67141

I'm no surveyor but it seems to be that the residential units can be occupied prior to the completion of the tiled wall and prior to an agreement over the use of the tiles from the old drinking corridor. The commercial units cannot be occupied before this work is done.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
That's my understanding too, except to say that I think the tiles from the old drinking corridor actually need to be installed in the newly agreed location before any of the commercial units can be occupied. It won't be enough to simply agree their new location.

(Apologies - I referred in my earlier to post to the pub alone, when the new conditions actually refer to 'any of the commercial units', i.e the units on the ground floor of the residential block and, presumably, the pub building itself. Thanks to laurita for flagging this.)
tjc

Post by tjc »

Seems obvious to me, I can't imagine anyone would want to continue with the purchase of a property comercial or residential if it had a pub obscuring all daylight in front of it.
biscuitman1978

The Greyhound

Post by biscuitman1978 »

tjc wrote:Seems obvious to me, I can't imagine anyone would want to continue with the purchase of a property comercial or residential if it had a pub obscuring all daylight in front of it.
I may have missed your point (and in which case apologies), but I don't understand what's so obvious. The pub will still be there regardless of the two conditions referred to above, so the amount of daylight that reaches the residential and commercial units won't change.
biscuitman1978

The Greyhound

Post by biscuitman1978 »

A new planning application (ref DC/12/81431/X) has been submitted for:

Rebuilding of the Greyhound Public House (with retention of the front elevation) at 309-315 Kirkdale SE26, to provide a two storey public house / restaurant (Use Class A3/A4 with basement, together with a conservatory and internal refuse store to the side.

Meanwhile, Sainsbury's have submitted an application for advertisement consent (or rather signage in this case), a planning application for an ATM and a planning application for installation of a louvre panel. All these applications by Sainsbury's relate to the ground floor units of the new blocks with flats on the upper floors.

The references are DC/12/81360/FT, DC/12/81338/X and DC/12/81337/X if you want to look them up on Lewisham's website.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

All sounds very promising. Thanks for the update.

G-Man