Robbed at gunpoint on Knighton Park Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
mikeinsydenham

Robbed at gunpoint on Knighton Park Road

Post by mikeinsydenham »

Just a warning for all of you coming home late on a Saturday night - I was mugged at gunpoint on Knighton Park Road on early on September 2nd. The mugger took my phone and the cash from my wallet - I refused to give him the cards. He pointed his gun straight at me and said he would shoot so there wasn't much I could do. He was incredibly laid back so I doubt this was his first time. I never expected to be mugged on my own street!!!
Eagle

Re: Robbed at gunpoint on Knighton Park Road

Post by Eagle »

Unbelievable , very sad you had such an experience.Cannot believe this happened in Sydenham.

I wonder what punishment the liberal do gooders would recommend if he is caught. A holiday in Barbados?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Shocked and sorry to hear that mike. I hope you are ok.

Not shocked but sorry to read nonsense about liberal do gooders from eagle.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Lee
This sounded horrific . Armed robbery whilst one is walking down The Queen's Highway

I pray the culprit is apprehended before they kill anyone.

I am sorry if my comments upset you , but violence , or threats of violence , should be punished severely.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Mikeinsydenham - I really feel for you - that must be incredibly upsetting. How did the police handle this, or are you able to tell us?
simon

Post by simon »

Mike, am horrified to hear of this on our street. I do you hope you are ok and not too shaken. To echo Tim, how did the police react? We had a knock on the door a few days back about someone trying car doors so I am surprised we haven’t heard about this. Did you get a good view of them? Sounds as if you did and a description would be good so we can avoid similar looking people on the street at night. Where on KPR did this happen? Sorry if that is too many questions, don’t feel obligated to answer. Take care.

Eagle, your reactionary bigotry is so predictable, but offensive nonetheless. Please send me the Daily Mail article headlined; “Lilly Livered Liberal Calls For Caribbean Holidays For Armed Robbers” as I can’t find it anywhere and I’m sure you have it archived somewhere, along with EU rules on straight bananas and Belgian rail safety. Mike has suffered a horrifying ordeal and you use it as an audition for a Telegraph OpEd column. Better off keeping that to the Town Pub forum, in my opinion.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I agree totally with Simon's second paragraph, and would like to register my own sympathy with Mike in his horrible experience.
Peterj

Post by Peterj »

Awful. I can't imagine that situation.

Thanks for letting everyone know. All decent local people would be appalled if they were aware so good on you for highlighting it.

Such cowardice on the part of the robber.

Hang in there.

Peter
Sarah Trotter

Post by Sarah Trotter »

I'm really sorry to hear about this, it must have been horrible. I am a reporter for the News Shopper newspaper and if you want to share your story with other people then please get in touch on 01689 885732 or strotter@london.newsquest.co.uk.

Best wishes,

Sarah
mikeinsydenham

Post by mikeinsydenham »

Thanks for all you comments - I really appreciate it.

Sounds like the police haven't been knocking on doors to see if anyone saw the incident, which I find surprising. The incident happened about half way down Knighton Park Road. I'll be phoning the police shortly to see what developments have been made. I know they've been into Hexagon to view their CCTV as I phoned them myself to see if the police had contacted them. The police apparently viewed it on Friday but have not been in contact with me about it. I did go and view mugshots at the police station in Lewisham last week - I had an appointment but was left waiting for over 30 minutes, and the officer I'd arranged to meet said he had been sat waiting for me and had not been informed that I had arrived. He then went on to tell me how viewing the mugshots was a total waste of time anyway. Totally unprofessional!!

The mugger was roughly 6ft tall, black, was slightly overweight, around 30-years-old, short hair and without beard, and wore a grey hooded top. I'd say he's probably living locally somewhere not too far away.
simon

Post by simon »

Recieved a leaflet through the door from the police this morning, appealing for witnesses and gving much the same information as above. It looks like some sections of the constabulary are taking the crime seriously, unlike the officer who dealt with Mike at Lewisham.
Anyone with any information is asked to call DC Newell at Lewisham Police station on 0208 284 8434.
hilsbee

Post by hilsbee »

Mike - so sorry to hear about this and hope something comes out of the police actions.

Simon - like Robin, I totally agree with your second paragraph and I just don't post on here much or read certain things, as my time is too limited to have to read the Daily Mail in another form :)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Mike - so sorry to hear about this and I'm glad the police are on it. I have had to deal with the police at Lewisham Station quite regularly over the last few months after my daughter was mugged and have found them absolutely brilliant. Hopefully your initial experience was a one off.

Eagle - there is a time and a place, and this wasn't it. Shame on you.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I am sorry Mrs Dunlop. Comments completely justified. I do not feel shame for attacking the current judicial system.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Eagle wrote:I am sorry Mrs Dunlop. Comments completely justified. I do not feel shame for attacking the current judicial system.
You are entitled to your opinions, and to express them, but not as a first response in THIS thread. Insensitive and inappropriate. It's your timing I think shameful, not your actual comments (whether I agree with them or not). Take it to The Pub (Tim has kindly started a thread about the police that I see you have already contributed to).

simon

Post by simon »

But that's the point Eagle; you were not "attacking the current judicial system" you were attacking what you imagined "liberal do gooders" would reccomend for a punishment if the offender was caught (when he obviously hasn't been yet). I have yet to come accross a single case where the "current judicial system" has sentenced anyone to a holiday in Barbados. If you have; please share.
What were you doing was trying to make a cheap political point against imagined "liberal do gooders" on a thread on about a serious crime perpertrated against a very victim. I'm not surprised you feel any shame though.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

An example

HMG sent couple of years ago people found with a knife on the street would likely get a prison term .
Only 5% have....

I did first symphazise with the victim.
Someone else mentioned mugging. This is not mugging but robbery at gunpoint or attempted manslaughter.

I will put future comments , if required , on Tim's new site.
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

Eagle wrote:An example

This is not mugging but robbery at gunpoint or attempted manslaughter.
Definition of mugging
noun
an act of attacking and robbing someone in a public place:
'he was the victim of a brutal mugging'.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

OK I accept Brutal Mugging.

Again best wishes to the victim and hope the criminal is caught very soon.
KateJ

Post by KateJ »

To Mike - Very sorry to hear what happened. My partner and I have just moved onto Knighton Park Road (about a month ago) and were shocked to learn about the incident as it seems quite a quiet street. We've also received a leaflet this morning appealing for witnesses/information so its some comfort that the police are raising awareness.

Thank you for letting us all know about the incident, especially the description of the man, its greatly appreciated.