Old Floor Zone shop let

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
G-Man

Old Floor Zone shop let

Post by G-Man »

Any ideas who this has been let to? Heard a rumour that there have been two applications for chicken shops on that part of Kirkdale over the last few months - hoorah! Euch.

G-man

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
biscuitman1978

Old Floor Zone shop let

Post by biscuitman1978 »

G-Man wrote:Heard a rumour that there have been two applications for chicken shops on that part of Kirkdale over the last few months - hoorah!
There was an application for change of use of 242 Kirkdale, the unit next to Floor Zone, to A5 (hot food take away). It was refused in August. Reference no is DC/12/80439/X if you want to look it up on Lewisham's website.
G-Man

Re: Old Floor Zone shop let

Post by G-Man »

Cheers biscuit man. that's a relief.

G-Man
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

Restaurant and bar - I was looking a the place myself, but was ultimately beaten to it.

I think it might be a vegetarian place, which would be different.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

fishcox wrote:Restaurant and bar - I was looking a the place myself, but was ultimately beaten to it.

I think it might be a vegetarian place, which would be different.
Ahhh, shame, I'm sure more will come up though, I know you've been on the hunt for a while.

A veggie place, well if it's done well it will do well. Bit of veggie fayre never did anyone any harm :lol:

Cheers

G-Man
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Anything would be better than Floor Zone. I tried to give them my business and they just weren't interested. Snooty and rude.
stuart

Post by stuart »

rshdunlop wrote:Anything would be better than Floor Zone. I tried to give them my business and they just weren't interested. Snooty and rude.
Not just me then?

Stuart
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

stuart wrote:
rshdunlop wrote:Anything would be better than Floor Zone. I tried to give them my business and they just weren't interested. Snooty and rude.
Not just me then?

Stuart
You too? I thought they just didn't like the cut of my jib! Did anyone succeed In buying flooring from them?

marymck

Post by marymck »

LOL me too! Hmm some may think it was a front for something.

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I had a nice big job for them, big open plan kitchen and dining room. They half-hearted showed me some hugely expensive marble, and then said they wouldn't be interested unless they came in and did the entire floor before the cabinets went in. I raised an eyebrow at that but still showed (mild) interest in using them. I left without a brochure, a sample, an offer to come and measure up... nothing. The whole thing was really odd.
umbrella

Post by umbrella »

ha ha! I'll also join the me too list.

I was looking to redo my hall, living room and bathroom, not the largest floor in the world but reasonable enough. Chatted to them in the shop and they seemed alright, said they call to let me know when the samples were available, never heard from them after that.

I see a theme as to why they might have gone out of business.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Well Floorzone has gone now.

Anyone with any news or thoughts on this potential new establishment? All rather exciting I think.

G-Man
stuart

Post by stuart »

Well we seem to have established there is a need for a responsive quality flooring shop in Sydenham :wink:

Weird that four of us shared the same experience. That must be a pretty high percentage (100%?) of those reading this who tried to buy. I'm going with Mary unless it was a vanity project.

Stuart
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

I heard they went out of business after doing a big job somewhere in the Kensington/Knightsbridge/Holland Park area.

Lots and lots of work, for big money.

Unfortunately they were never paid.

We got a price from them once, for a reasonable size job on a premises we had on Borough High Street, but they were too expensive.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

rshdunlop wrote:
stuart wrote:
Not just me then?

Stuart
You too? I thought they just didn't like the cut of my jib! Did anyone succeed In buying flooring from them?

Me too. I see a distinct pattern forming.

We got them to do a quote (with measurements),.......and never heard from them again
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

I had a new kitchen floor done with their recommended materials. This has not worn well but despite requests for advice/compensation nothing transpired. Those still waiting were, maybe, the lucky ones?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

We also had a quote from them.

The two guys in the shops were really helpful but they were INCREDIBLY expensive.

The woman in the shop seemed to spend all her time shouting down the phone and ignoring us as we stood like lemons waiting for someone to serve us before one of the guys came to our aid. We went in a few times and it seemed to be the same every time we went in.
angela53

Post by angela53 »

I understand its under offer as a juice/cocktail bar !
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Nice :-)

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Oh, please, please, please, can I have a cocktail bar within staggering distance of home? Something like Friends of Mine in Beckenham would be nice.