Roller Skater Hater

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
pip

Roller Skater Hater

Post by pip »

How long before someone gets seriously injured as a result of these careless youths flying down Sydenham Road in and out of the traffick and bombing down the pavements.
Last night about sixish there were four youths hanging on to the back of a bus as it made its way down sydenham Road. The Bus driver would have been oblivious to this as they would have been at a blind spot to his mirrors.
I dont spose there is a law covering Roller skates on a public highway?
Calling Bensonby!
Rachael

Re: Roller Skater Hater

Post by Rachael »

I've seen a roller-blading boy hanging off the back of a bus - I was driving behind and it made me very nervous indeed. If he had hit a pothole and fallen, I don't think I could have avoided hitting him.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Whether there is an actual law stating this I am not sure but sure it is illegal .

Just another of modern life's many anti social activities, I guess.
Willy

Post by Willy »

I have seen loads of people on roller skates recently, thought it was the 1970's again for a minute! Not sure hanging off the back of a bus is particularly bright given the state of the roads but this is just natural selection in practice....
pip

Post by pip »

And if they cause a motorist to have an accident as a result of their reckless behavior who picks up the tab?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Willy wrote:I have seen loads of people on roller skates recently, thought it was the 1970's again for a minute! Not sure hanging off the back of a bus is particularly bright given the state of the roads but this is just natural selection in practice....
That's what my husband says - Darwinism at its finest. Not sure I'd be seeing the funny side if it was me behind the wheel, though.
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

Pretty dangerous thing to do, which could end up with innocent parties being injured too.

Twunts.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Voyageur wrote:Twunts.
I hate that word.