SEE3 and Sydenham Town Forum

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Voyageur

Re: SEE3 and Sydenham Town Forum

Post by Voyageur »

Ah - well if that is the case that explains the troll like posts.
Cheese Wotsits

Post by Cheese Wotsits »

I think the comment and attitude of foresthillresident are simply wrong, disgusting in fact.

A lot of people in Sydenham (and Forest Hill too) give up their free time in order to help the community. In the case of Lee and his wife even paid time (and I'm sure they're not the only ones). We need more people like him and all the others already trying to do something positive instead of doing false accusations like the one foresthillresident has done.

If you don't agree with something by all means say it, but try to be constructive about it and get your facts right before you start making unfounded accusations.
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Lee has done a pretty good job defending himself, so I won't add to that. But I think it's clear that foresthillresident made a completely unfounded, defamatory accusation and an apology is the very least that Lee is owed.
michael

Post by michael »

art4 wrote:I'm not here to complain.
Just slightly fed up receiving messages, which I feel should be posted here instead.
I'll try to think of some positive ways to contribute.
I wonder how many of these messages were from real contributors to the forum? Unfortunately there are a few people who lurk in forums like this, just waiting to start trouble in any way they can.
art4 wrote:This week I have been contacted by a few locals who are voicing concerns about the progression of the project.
I think it may be better if I respond openly on the forum, since involves all the community.
Posted the day after 'Foresthillresident' created his/her account. I've been wondering if art4 was being provoked by somebody else. Beware of PMs from anonymous people you don't know!

Fortunately not everybody in SE26/SE23 is trying to start a fight. People like Lee and the SEE3 team get on with improving the area, usually with little thanks, and just the occasional idiot to tell them they've got it all wrong.
Lee, Please don't give another thought to the nonsense spouted by somebody coming home from the pub a bit worse for wear. Nobody takes him/her at all seriously.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Eagle wrote:Rachel
good on Lee . If he has been photographing before Mary P was a twinkle in her parents eye , he must be quite mature resident as Mary P no spring chicken.
Eagle - read my post again. I said before SEE3 was a twinkle in Mary Portas' eye.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

mikecg wrote:
Annie. wrote:,never feel the need to explain to the like of ignorant people.
Well done in all your hard work.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Especially if they look like this.......

I don't think this is Wolfie's style, mike, although you know him better than me.

I am inclined to agree with Michael - foresthillresident has appeared trollish from the offset. And I also wondered who was PMing art4. This is either an opportunistic troll who has seen the potential for causing trouble or someone local with a grudge against those involved in SEE3. I'm inclined to think its the latter, as the latest attack on Lee was quite specific, and creepily stalkerish too.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I see 'Forest Hill Resident' has withdrawn their slanderous comment.
It's a shame they didn't also apologise.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

Time to move on.
art4

Post by art4 »

'Posted the day after 'Foresthillresident' created his/her account. I've been wondering if art4 was being provoked by somebody else. Beware of PMs from anonymous people you don't know!'

In total- there were three forum members contacting me, with the aim to provoke, stir and provide negative feedback re: SEE3. Appears to have stopped thankfully, so won't dwell on this further.

I hope the SEE3 projects are going well- I follow the progress, updates with great interest and really look forward to the new pop ups and markets. It sounds exciting.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Art4, I hope your project is going well, however to keep saying people are negative towards you is a bit off putting,personally I would like you to copy and paste the negative PMs you have received so we can all sympathise with you. :0))

I am just interested in "who" sends negative PMs to art4, not anything else.
Last edited by Annie. on 16 Nov 2012 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Beware of PMs from anonymous people you don't know!' ?
Isn't the point of a forum engagement with people you don't actually know?

Considering my online credentialls I'm slighly bermused that I've never received any iffy PM's.
I've sent a few myself in the past but never had any out of the blue negativity in my inbox. Any negativity received has always been direct which is much better IMVHO.
CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote: I would like you to copy and paste the negative PMs you have received so we can all sympathise with you. :0))
Not a good idea to post PM's tbf, I've seen it done to point score, it only serves to inflame. No good can come of it.
art4

Post by art4 »

mikecg wrote:
Annie. wrote: I would like you to copy and paste the negative PMs you have received so we can all sympathise with you. :0))
Not a good idea to post PM's tbf, I've seen it done to point score, it only serves to inflame. No good can come of it.
I totally agree. What I'd also prefer to be doing is posting positive ideas and sharing how I got my project up and running-quickly- I've learnt a lot.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

It's an interesting question - if you have something to say about SEE3, why not say it on the forum? You can be anonymous as you like. Why just send it in a PM? If someone sends me a PM along the lines of: 'Re your post, what you may not be aware of is...' I approach it with a degree of cynicism. Not to say that person might not be right, but it's impossible to know what is fact, what is gossip, and what is skewed by personal agendas.

CaptainCarCrash

art4 wrote: I totally agree. What I'd also prefer to be doing is posting positive ideas and sharing how I got my project up and running-quickly- I've learnt a lot.
Easily remedied, drop the benign banality of imagined persecution and start a thread on it and share your experiences.

:D
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

My item seems to have been deleted as well despite the fact it offered support.

Of course people should be able to post about all items that concern them.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Eagle wrote:My item seems to have been deleted as well despite the fact it offered support.

Of course people should be able to post about all items that concern them.
I can still see your post, Eagle.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Sorry.
CaptainCarCrash

rod taylor wrote: Why must an idea be positive? Surely one learns just as much, if not more, from negative ideas?
Positivity can be drawn from negative outcomes but to start out with a knowingly negative idea is in my view counterproductive, foolish and defeatist. All ideas should be deamed positive until their outcome is known, only then can we aces wether the results have a positive or negative affect.

Negativity is never good, that is a statement of fact.
CaptainCarCrash

rod taylor wrote:You of all people will forgive me a lowbrow analogy: In the X Factor the other day, Gary, in his role as mentor, gave his charge an absolute hollering to prompt more positive returns in future.
I have a deep embittered loathing toward the X factor and the people who champion its being.
For me it is anti music, unhealthy for what lttle remains of the industry and is anti creativity personified. It's sole purpose is to line the pockets of a few talentless, bile infused, creativity nullifying musical heretics. The only positive that can be drawn from it is that in most cases it takes seemingly ordinary individuals from behind supermarket checkouts and the like and launches them in to a period of short lived fame. A truly flushable pile of old cods wallop, don't watch it, ever. Never will.
CaptainCarCrash

OK Rod.

I get exactly where you are coming from.