SEE3 and Sydenham Town Forum

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
foresthillresident

SEE3 and Sydenham Town Forum

Post by foresthillresident »

Can we not have this forum clogged up by the members of SEE3. They have their own website.
Voyageur

Re: SEE3 and Sydenham Town Forum

Post by Voyageur »

Eh? Of course a transformation project for Sydenham is going to be discussed on a local community forum and of interest to members. Sheesh!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

foresthillresident wrote:Can we not have this forum clogged up by the members of SEE3. They have their own website.
The joy of this Forum is that it is by miles the place where local issues are most discussed, and is so because the discussion is open, subject only to Admin's discreet moderation. So the people involved with SEE3 - not me, I'm only on the mailing list - do well to use this Forum to keep people up to date about what they are doing. Of course they have their own site, with nice positive posts about the projects. Comments could be made, but I can't find any, because this is where local on-line discussion happens.

If you feel the Forum is clogged up, you don't have to click on the threads with 'SEE3' in the subject line, in the same way that if you don't like what you read in some newspaper, you don't have to buy it. It's a free country.

OTOH, if there's something about SEE3 you don't like, this IS the place to say it :D
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

Tim Lund wrote:....OTOH, if there's something about SEE3 you don't like, this IS the place to say it :D
Stirrer :wink:
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Voyageur wrote:
Tim Lund wrote:....OTOH, if there's something about SEE3 you don't like, this IS the place to say it :D
Wanting things out in the open is not the same as stirring.

It's the same as when someone wants to criticise a local shop - if they come on this Forum to do so, but in fact find that most people don't agree with them, it ends up with more support for the shop. The same will go for SEE3. It's how openness works.
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

Tim Lund wrote:
Voyageur wrote:
Wanting things out in the open is not the same as stirring.

It's the same as when someone wants to criticise a local shop - if they come on this Forum to do so, but in fact find that most people don't agree with them, it ends up with more support for the shop. The same will go for SEE3. It's how openness works.
Tim - soap box not needed - notice the wink?
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Voyageur wrote:Tim - soap box not needed - notice the wink?
Yes - but it's a sensitive matter ...
art4

Post by art4 »

I can broaden the discussion to SE21?

Kicked started by my Portas dissapointment, I secured an empty retail space in Dulwich village and opened up a pop up art gallery this weekend.

It is open until the end of December in the ex Odd Bins, opposite Pizza Express.

I am happy to try and find a link, ways to help support SEE3
foresthillresident

Post by foresthillresident »

:!:
Last edited by foresthillresident on 15 Nov 2012 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

foresthillresident wrote:Saw Lee Newham taking photographs of a shop front today. Getting ready to fleece even more money out of SEE3 I suspect.
SEE3 should not be beyond criticism, but I do not believe this is fair.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

foresthillresident wrote:Saw Lee Newham taking photographs of a shop front today. Getting ready to fleece even more money out of SEE3 I suspect.
Lee has been taking photographs of local shop fronts since before SEE3 was a twinkle in Mary Portas' eye.

Since you've named Lee in your post, perhaps you'd like to post your real name too.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Rachel
good on Lee . If he has been photographing before Mary P was a twinkle in her parents eye , he must be quite mature resident as Mary P no spring chicken.

Whilst I support any rejuvenation of the Town , I have always been not sure about Mary P after her programe a couple of years ago about a charity shop in West Wickham. Some of the elderly volunteers were , in my humble opinion , not treated correctly.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It's not that often that posts make me angry, but this has.

It's a shame some ignorant people make baseless accusations.

I expect a full apology from Forest Hill Resident.

The portas Hubs in Sydenham I'm designing for free.

So far I haven't charged anything to SEE3. I'm charging a tiny fee for designing the signage for all the hubs which doesn't go anywhere like covering the time we have spent in meetings so far or the work we have done so far.

In addition to this, just so Forest HIll Resident gets his/her facts straight (it is a shame that they don't have the confidence to use their actual name to make baseless accusations), we have done lots of work locally FOR FREE.

• All the work for the original save forest hill pools we did FOR FREE including the blog.
• The Sydenham Society Logo we designed FOR FREE.
• The campaign to save Sydenham and Lewisham libraries we did FOR FREE.
• All the What If's for Sydenham we designed FOR FREE (Over 20 of them) which we started in 2009.
• The visuals for the Cinema in Crystal Palace we did FOR FREE.
• The blog for Friends of Sydenham library, all the posters and promotion we designed and update FOR FREE.
• The blog for Friends of Home Parkall the posters and promotion we designed and update FOR FREE.
• Signage for Sydenham Library we designed FOR FREE.
• All the design and artwork for the Arts Festival in Home PArk we have designed FOR FREE.
• All the visuals, presentations and promotion to help get the outdoor Gym in Home Park we designed FOR FREE.
• Billings in the high street we designed FOR FREE including doing all the artwork and sourcing the suppliers and getting them all the signage.
• Last Christmas we bought £600 pounds worth of children's books for Sydenham Library (which we sourced from Kirkdale Books who were brilliant).
• On the Hoof's branding in Sydenham we designed FOR FREE.
• Trattoria Raffaele's branding, website etc we designed FOR FREE.
I'm sure there is other stuff but I can't think of it now.

Regarding the Greyhound, we have been paid £500 so far for winning the competition. We were supposed to get £1000 but Purelake then said that they wouldn't pay until the project was completed. After a couple of months of asking they eventually paid out half with the other half payable on completion. We estimate that it will cost us, as a company in time (and the fact that we have commissioned illustration etc) around £5000 to complete the project.

We are a two people company based in Sydenham who use external freelancers. Much of the above work was done in our spare time while we were working for other agencies, giving up our free time. When we started up on our own, we had to get freelancers in to do some of the paid work, so free work actually costs us money.

We now have a baby so our spare time is far more precious which is why we aren't able to do as much as we used to and some things which we would love to help out on (and have been asked to) we aren't able be involved with.

I'm sure there are other things, not to mention the charities we have done work for for free etc etc etc.

But we still need to make a living, so occasionally we do have to charge, but we don't fleece clients. Ever.

Both me and my wife, who is also my business partner and shares the work look forward to Forest Hill Residents unreserved apology for this totally baseless accusation.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Thou protesteth too much :D

Very well said lee :wink:

Fancy doing the artwork for my new EP cover?
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I have just sent this as a PM to Forest HIll Resident, I want to be open and transparent about this, so that everyone on this forum knows what I have sent:

"Hi,

So, why do you think I'm fleecing SEE3? If someone has made something up, I'd like to know the facts of the accusation (which is untrue).

I don't know who you are (have we met) but please read my post.

It's a shame you don't have the confidence to post under your real name. Have I met you?

Both me and my wife look forward to your apology.

Regards

Lee"

I hope the readers of this forum find this reasonable.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Lee, most of us on here and probably in Sydenham know of the good work you have done and are still doing,never feel the need to explain to the like of ignorant people.
Well done in all your hard work.

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:,never feel the need to explain to the like of ignorant people.
Well done in all your hard work.

Especially if they look like this.......

Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Where's the sheeps clothing?

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:Where's the sheeps clothing?
Somewhere in Fozzy hill.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Haha,no doubt.