Lemon Tree

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Fairlawnresident

Lemon Tree

Post by Fairlawnresident »

My friends and I had a fantastic meal at the Lemon Tree. The food was superb and the service excellent. The manager seems really determined to provide something different and of quality for Sydenham.

Let's not lose this one...it even made Gurkha food look ordinary
leenewham

Re: Lemon Tree

Post by leenewham »

I second that. It's a local gem. The food is great, the service suburb. Everything fades fresh, not greasy at all. There are some refreshingly different dishes on the menu, which is great to have such a choice. Plus it's actually really nice inside. They haven't spent a fortune (other local restaurants take note), but it looks dramatically different to before and is now by far the nicest Indian restaurant to be in in Sydenham. I hope more people come down to this part of Sydenham. They take cards now too. It's a new local gem that actually has made an effort to be as good as it is inside on the outside.

There are some interesting developments for Basra row coming up.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Carlw

Post by Carlw »

Came in with my family just after noon on Sunday and we were the only customers in the restaurant... A relief considering how restless a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old can get. The service was excellent and extremely kind to my kids - had a great lunch and took leftovers home. Recommended and will definitely come back.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

They looked busy last night and it's nice to see a different crowd in there from the norm in this part of Sydenham.

Nice place, good people, good food.
maverick

Post by maverick »

Yes very nice,but still a rat trap to the rear. I know having lived next to it,they are nearly as big as cats.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Oh dear maverick. You probably will have discouraged potential new clients.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Maverick, is the area out the back part of the same business, do you still live next door and have direct views or is this nothing to do with the lemon tree except location and their neighbours?

maverick

Post by maverick »

Has been a problem for a number of years.Reported to environmental health etc in the past,but the ratty problem recurs,especially in warmer weather. I believe it's to do with yard cleanliness,and nothing to do with restaurant itself. Anyhow it keeps the cats busy.
parklife

Post by parklife »

Can't speak highly enough of the lemon tree

Agree with lee that good to see a different crowd in there and good people and good food
Micheal

Post by Micheal »

Ive been to lemon tree last night after a ling time I had a proper indian meal at lemon tree the food was very fresh
The service was the best ive ever had
I hope every sucsess to lemon tree and at last we have a decent resturant in sydenham

fishcox

Post by fishcox »

Is it in the same premises previously occupied by The Meghna, and Pistachio?

Anyone tried it as a takeaway?
Maria123

Post by Maria123 »

Hi fishcox I have had takeaway since 2 days after there opening I get it every week it's lovely and I went in yesterday night for a Thursday night they were busy I haven't ever seen pistaico be as busy as them I used to go Gurkha before but food here is much better and fresher I can see the manager is trying hard to keep this restaurant so that Sydenham has a nice eatting spot finally defo recommend to try out lemon tree

Posh

Post by Posh »

Eagle wrote:Oh dear maverick. You probably will have discouraged potential new clients.
I agree, the staff are sleazy, from local grapevine, the manager is set to impress the local, however he is just as sleazy as the rat, who share the same premisee. customer service is very artificial, it depends on individual's standard of what good food is, it average, they are the typical indian restaurant/staff looking for a quick fling and always flirtatious, i myself went for a meal with my girlfriends, felt inappropriate, specially when the manager tried to ask personal questions, almost flirting for a date. I thought he was rude and inappropriate with younger girls. I wouldnt recomend to my friends, bad experience, artifiacial as the dry ornaments.
Posh

Post by Posh »

worst eating out experience ever, manager is just an opportunist.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Not the most positive first two posts on the forum posh. Your experience was totally different to me and my wife's. you have also misunderstood some if the other posts.

How does this compare to your experience with other restaurants in Sydenham and what made you go there in the first place if you think, as you said, 'they are the typical Indian restaurant/staff looking for a quick fling'. I've never heard that in my life.

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I must say an unusual post containing perhaps the most sweeping and strange generalisation I have ever heard.
For those of a nervous disposition I can confirm that I took delivery of a very enjoyable meal just last week and I can say with confidence that at no time was I propositioned , made to feel cheap or otherwise treated by the driver . Now I am not the most pulchritudinous cove but I am satisfied that no funny business was intended - he simply wished me an enjoyable meal , as any chap might say to another chap.
I would add that my good lady was present throughout and she too was in no way perturbed .
The saag aloo was particularly good.
Good evening
Nigel

Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Has anyone on the forum ever eaten at Spice Society in Beckenham?
If so how does the Lemon Tree compare?
I have not had an Indian meal which compares to the quality of Spice Societys food.
Would like to go for a meal at Lemon Tree but do not want to be disappointed.
Maria123

Post by Maria123 »

Ruby wrote:Has anyone on the forum ever eaten at Spice Society in Beckenham?
If so how does the Lemon Tree compare?
I have not had an Indian meal which compares to the quality of Spice Societys food.
Would like to go for a meal at Lemon Tree but do not want to be disappointed.
The food is lovley and I say much better some horrible comments I see above makes it feel abit like jelousy going on as they are doing well recommend you try it out

Maria123

Post by Maria123 »

Posh wrote:
Eagle wrote:Oh dear maverick. You probably will have discouraged potential new clients.
I agree, the staff are sleazy, from local grapevine, the manager is set to impress the local, however he is just as sleazy as the rat, who share the same premisee. customer service is very artificial, it depends on individual's standard of what good food is, it average, they are the typical indian restaurant/staff looking for a quick fling and always flirtatious, i myself went for a meal with my girlfriends, felt inappropriate, specially when the manager tried to ask personal questions, almost flirting for a date. I thought he was rude and inappropriate with younger girls. I wouldnt recomend to my friends, bad experience, artifiacial as the dry ornaments.
Sorry posh when exactly did yoy go in because im certainly sure that hasnt been anytime soon since everything you have said is not true how could you be so horrible to the staff have they done somthing to you and also there food is great really enjoyed it it seems like you have something definatly against them you are just trying to bring potiential clients down me and my 5 kids loved it

Steveofsyd

Post by Steveofsyd »

That truly is an awful post by Posh!! What an outrageous statement re Indian Restaurant staff. If you have such an imbedded and quite frankly racist view of Indian Restaurant "staff", why on earth did you go to an Indian restaurant?
This strikes me as a post with a "not so hidden" motive.
For those interested I had my first takeaway from the Lemon Tree on Saturday night and it made a change from the Gurkha flavours/spicing. I would say that Gurkhas Chicken Tikka (the dry skewered pieces) and Naan bread are superior the Lemon Tree's.