A meal at the Shard…

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
dickp

A meal at the Shard…

Post by dickp »

Me and my other half went for a birthday treat meal at the Shard last night. We went to Oblix – the restaurant bit, not bar, which was a bit noisy.

Chronic overstaffing apart, it was lovely. The food was very good – and we actually left full, after wolfing our way through the three course menu.

The two of us were on a tight budget – just the one alcoholic drink each, coupled with a bottle of water (they do offer tap water, and don't sneer at you when the do). The whole lot came in at £115, including tip. That's way out of our normal Westow House / Slyvian Post treat league, but not massively different to a Joanna's-style level of indulgence - and the Oblix views were a darned sight nicer.

If any of you lot decide to treat yourself, go at dusk - and don’t be scared of taking pictures. Once someone starts, everyone else follows.
gillyjp

Re: A meal at the Shard…

Post by gillyjp »

Thanks for the info - we have tickets to 'The View' so might incorporate a meal as well. Did you have to book a table?
dickp

Post by dickp »

You do, but when we went, it wasn't completely full. I think they're still at "soft launch" stage.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Restaurant critic for The Standard wasn't overly impressed.

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/rest ... 16639.html