Sydenham Monthly Food Fair

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sophie

Sydenham Monthly Food Fair

Post by sophie »

We came across the food fair at the end of April quite by chance and are wondering if it is a regular event now and will be happening next Sunday.

For anyone that missed it, it was on the new square by Lloyds Bank.
G-Man

Re: Sydenham Monthly Food Fair

Post by G-Man »

Hello

Yes it is happening this Sunday same place from 10-4. There was a notification on Facebook yesterday.

Cheers

G-man
chrism

Post by chrism »

Great day for it today!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

As was the case last month, I am once again watching everything unfold out of my window!

Despite having my appendix out on Tuesday I shall be shuffling my way over with Mrs Checkmate when they are set up :)
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

I hope the lack of posts here is not an indication of a lack of interest already.

Hoping this forum has done its job and that anyone who wanted to be aware of it is by now.

Enjoyed some lovely gnocci, macaroons, coconut truffles and cake yesterday and can't wait for next month already.
marymck

Post by marymck »

There were lots of people there when I visited and it's great it's in such a prominent position, so lots of passing trade.

The four cheese gnocchi was historic! Fab maccaroons and pesto scones. The honey looked delicious too.

I think it would be wonderful to have some evening street food, perhaps during the festival.

BelindaLester

Post by BelindaLester »

I got to visit the Food Fair for the first time yesterday, and I loved it! I've been working in street food for a while (supporting traders) and it's so nice to see this happening in my own neighbourhood :D

I would also love to see night events - I am actually coordinating supperclubs and events in June for Pop Goes Sydenham, and we will be holding a community party at The Dolphin in the evening of 13 June with street food traders! More information to follow, and feel free to ask me any questions directly. If you are interested in the supperclubs (brilliant local chefs) you can find out more and book here http://www.grubclub.com/pop-goes-sydenham
michael

Post by michael »

Well done Sydenham on another great market.
This Sunday, 2nd June we have a similar monthly food fair at Forest Hill station 11am-3pm. Come along and enjoy even more excellent food and drink.
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Are you joining us tomorrow for our monthly SEE3 Food Market on Venner Square? All the pitches have been taken and there is a wonderful selection to choose from.

We start at 10am and finish at 4pm - time to get a bite to eat and then wander down to the Home Park Fun Day taking in the Arts Trail on route.

The Brockley Potters have a great exhibition and sale at Normanton Church this weekend only.

michael

Post by michael »

If you enjoyed Sydenham Food Fair then you will probably also enjoy the Forest Hill Food Fair which takes place this Sunday 11am-3pm at Forest Hill station. Lots of food to eat there, take on a picnic in the glorious sunshine (Horniman is 10 minutes walk, Mayow is 12 minutes), or take home for yummy food throughout the week.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Are the mexican stall there Michael?
michael

Post by michael »

leenewham wrote:Are the mexican stall there Michael?
Not this time, but I think we might have some enchiladas from another local trader.
michael

Post by michael »

Apparently not enchiladas but tacos and burritos from Route 66, bringing the taste and the weather* of California to Forest Hill!

*Weather for LA on Sunday will be 22 degrees, FH will be 28 degrees. That's 82 of your Fahrenheits!
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

The month has flown by and we’re back this Sunday for the last market of the summer!

We’ll take a break in August and will return on the last Sunday of September - 29th so make sure you put in your diary as we hope to spread onto Station Approach.

Join us for charcuterie, organic bread, cheese, sumptuous cakes, South African, Chilean and Vietnamese street food. Plus we have the return of Ulrike’s Bakery serving macaroons and scones and Cakehole London serving the best cheesecake you will ever taste!

Our current line-up is:

Taste of Spain – Spanish fayre
DB Foods – South African foods with a global twist
Cakehole London – sweet baked treats
Mr Muffin – sweet and savoury muffins
Anna & Magdalena – Polish sausages
Ulrike’s Bakery – macaroons, truffles and scones
Wonder Bakery – traditional Portuguese bakery
Two Hungry Bees – Vietnamese street

More to follow!
FromCtoShiningC

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

A great addition to Sydenham life..... See you there....
Chris Best

Post by Chris Best »

Our wonderful market stalls are being set up ready for trading at 10am - finish at 4pm - don't miss the great food on offer!

While in the high street why not visit the four SEE3 pop up shops - N' Damus in the old ticket office on the bridge selling hand made leather bags and accessories; 167 has Gunpowder Cherry Pie and Flash Trash selling contemporary jewellery and vintage; 172 has Love Harlem with natural products and treatments; 5 Kent House is home to The Middle Clash with unique hand painted t-shirts.

The final Club & Grub night is on Wednesday at Zanzibar, 291 Kirkdale starting at 8pm with Pop as the theme. We are having a great Summer in Sydenham so please support these local events.