New Lamp Posts

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Andwar

New Lamp Posts

Post by Andwar »

Has anyone noticed that they are now putting in new lamp posts in Sydenham.

Although this is welcome why couldn't they have done it at the same time the pavement was relaid. Now, we have a lovely pavement with the street furniture properly cemented in but with the new lamp posts set in a load of black tarmac, looking like a bodge job.

I do hope that the contractors for the redevelopment of the High Street will get round to finishing the job properly.
Rachael

Re: New Lamp Posts

Post by Rachael »

I've asked Skanska about this and they told me that the tarmac is a temporary fix until the lights are fully commissioned, after which they will replace it with a finish to match the surrounding pavement.
wingysc

Post by wingysc »

They are doing the same in Cator Road, moving the lamposts to the back of the pavement from the front?
Priceless, as now the leaves and branches on the existing trees will then obsure the light from reaching either the road or the pavement, a great health and safety move! The council is run by buffons.........they will probably then cut all the trees down after the first fatality due to poor lighting!
alywin

Post by alywin »

Is this only in the Lewisham part, or does it extend into the Bromley part as well, does anyone know?
marymck

Post by marymck »

It's the whole of Lewisham and croydon boroughs. This despite growing evidence that white street lighting suppresses melatonin production five times more than sulphur type street lighting. Melatonin is important in preventing cancer.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image