The journey home

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Nigel

The journey home

Post by Nigel »

I am currently wending my way home , uncharacteristically early , on the 176 bus .
At times like this as I pass through some of grittier parts of London , it makes me realise how lucky we are to live Sydenham.
For a start the place is so much greener and secondly it is on a much more human scale .
Sydenham folk , with the odd regrettable exception seem to be less hurried and harassed than those milling around Camberwell Green where I am currently in traffic and being serenaded by two very boisterous types swearing into mobile phones .
As I get off the bus in Lawrie Park Road and smoke a recuperative cigarette , I will ponder on Cecil Rhodes' inciteful comment , no doubt made after a hearty breakfast in Sema's and peruse of Kirkdale Books : "Remember that you are a Sydenham resident , and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
A very good afternoon
Nigel

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
dickp

Re: The journey home

Post by dickp »

*sigh*

Tell me about it.

*a few people will understand the subtext of this post*
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Nigel wrote: I will ponder on Cecil Rhodes' inciteful comment , no doubt made after a hearty breakfast in Sema's and peruse of Kirkdale Books : "Remember that you are a Sydenham resident , and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."
A klezmer version of "Remember you're a Womble", translated to SE London coming up?

Not one who understands the subtext. When on a 176 bus myself, I always manage to immerse myself in a book or magazine and switch off. Is that the mark of a Sydenhamite?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I would have thought dear old Cecil was very un PC for the majority of posters on this site.