Skinny cat hanging around.

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Mumcah

Skinny cat hanging around.

Post by Mumcah »

Found- a tabby cat,very friendly
30 Jul 2013 20:18
A small tabby male has been hanging around our garden for a while and popping in to eat. He is really hungry and very underweight.
I took him to Mayow vets today and he has a skin condition and he isn't micro chipped.
If anyone has any info please get in touch.
I live on De Frene road,off Mayow road

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
KM

Re: Skinny cat hanging around.

Post by KM »

Is it a Maine coon (spelling)? There were posters on Peak Hill junction of Kirkdale very recently. Let me know and will try to find the number

Mumcah

Post by Mumcah »

I don't think it's a Maine Coone,I have just googled it and they look massive and have funny ears.
Also,the vet didn't mention it.
He's not here all the time so perhaps he does have an owner who isn't looking after him well?

Search East

Post by Search East »

Very true Mumcah, I ended up on (I suspect) a feeding round for a lovely old cream coloured cat, that use to turn up at my back door on Champion Road.

He was very scruffy and thin with an eye problem, then vanished for 2 months to then re-appeare looking very healthy with his eye treated and a spangely flea collar on. Obviously adopted and looked after, but still came round for some food and to be made a fuss over before heading off. :)