Neighbourhood nuisance

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Moonpig

Neighbourhood nuisance

Post by Moonpig »

Several neighbours and their children are becoming more and more of a nuisance- at first it was just the children running up and down the street all day long yelling and screaming and kicking balls around - I didn't mind this that much, as I know that children have to play somewhere, however it did make me worry slightly about safety as they would just run across the road without looking and balls would come flying up. Recently however, the adults have also taken to the street - congregating on a wall and drinking alcohol, whilst hollering at the kids - this goes on during the day and evening (thankfully, it usually stops when darkness falls), however it is really not fun when all you can hear is their dulcet tones or music blasting out of a car stereo. The group seems to be getting larger and I am worried about how large it is going to get.
I am sure that some people will think that I am needlessly moaning, however I wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience and what the best course of action is, if any? Is it a council or safer neighburhoods team issue - or would this be wasting their time and do I just have to grin and bear it?
It would be bearable if it was occasional, but it is turning into a daily occurrence.
KM

Re: Neighbourhood nuisance

Post by KM »

Are you on a road near St Bart's school? Not that the school is linked with this.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Moonpig
You have my total sympathy. Loud and aggressive neighbours is a blight of our modern lives.

Not sure what you can do but I would certainly complain to the authorities . In many cases one simply has to move , which is not an option for everyone.
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Eagle wrote:Moonpig
You have my total sympathy. Loud and aggressive neighbours is a blight of our modern lives.
My sympathy too as we have had similar experience in the past! Live and let live can only extend so far! :wink:

You could try your local Police or Community officers for advice.. Good luck anyhow.