Home Cottage, Mill Gardens

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!

Moderator: frenzarin

Home Cottage, Mill Gardens

Postby Robert Tompkins » 30 Mar 2018 19:05

Hello,
My name is Robert Tompkins and new to this forum. I live in Medina, Ohio. My mother Catherine Baker, her brother Jack and sister Mary grew up in Home Cottage, Mill Gardens with their parents. If I'm not mistaken the house was built in 1844. I believe it has been in our family most if not all of those years. My mother married Eric Tompkins from Chelmsford around 1940. My parents and my sisters Barbara and Pauline then moved to Canada around 1949. My Aunt Mary passed away in January 2002 after the death of her brother Jack. We sold Home Cottage in 2003. My reason for writing is we have many photographs from the area and I would be happy to share if there is an interest.

Thank you.
Robert
Robert Tompkins

Re: Home Cottage, Mill Gardens

Postby RobC » 11 May 2018 19:18

Robert, you haven't got any photos of the windmill have you? I've written a history of it after it was moved from Dulwich in the 1820s and Home Cottage and the Mill House were both linked to it.
RobC

Re: Home Cottage, Mill Gardens

Postby Robert Tompkins » 26 May 2018 18:44

Sorry for the delay in responding, my sister is the keeper of the pics and will check with her. I do know most of the pics do go back before WWII.
Robert Tompkins

Return to Town Museum & Gallery