The Psychology of Living a Happy life at the Horniman

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
Horniman Talks

The Psychology of Living a Happy life at the Horniman

Post by Horniman Talks »

Between 7 and 8 pm on Tuesday the 12th of November Charlie Lea will be talking about how objects in the Horniman’s collection provide tips from across the world for happiness and fulfilment. To see more and book tickets go to:

http://www.horniman.ac.uk/visit/events/ ... happy-life
Beerboy

Re: The Psychology of Living a Happy life at the Horniman

Post by Beerboy »

As a young boy at the tail end of WW 2, on Sundays my mates and I used to catch the train from Upper Sydenham station (fares were in pennies) which was at the top of Wells Road and go through the tunnel to the next station ( I can't remember the name) and visit Hornimans park. It had a children's playground there with swings and slides etc. With H+S rules now I expect it has gone. We then used to go to the museum. If we were lucky they would show a film or Magic Lantern show. Sometimes they would get an historic mechanical clock working which had figures going round doing all sorts of actions.
I know this is a late reply but I have just read the post and it triggered fond memories. I doubt if I would recognise the area now.