Crystal Palace, Penge and Sydenham photos

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
mcleanmuir

Crystal Palace, Penge and Sydenham photos

Post by mcleanmuir »

Hi, I have a website with over 1500 historical images that include many of Penge, Crystal Palace, Anerley and Sydenham. I am constantly updating it.

Worth a look www.beckenhamhistory.co.uk The photos are in The Gallery.

Ian
Dutch Cow

Post by Dutch Cow »

Superb ! Thank you so much.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
Hiya, I don't believe it!!!
I looked on your site and found an old photo of my dad, Gallery 7 the park wardens hes the one crossed arms in a suit.
thank you so much :D xx
mcleanmuir

Post by mcleanmuir »

Glad you liked it.

What is your fathers name? Is he the one in the black tie (middle row) sitting next to a man (on left) we called jock, I think he ( jock) used to be a pro footballer. The man to Jocks left was Tony Martin who was the boss. Middle row ist left is Pat Quinn who started up Stanhope Rovers F.C.
Annie

Post by Annie »

No! my dad was Jock!
Or Frank as was his real name.
mcleanmuir

Frank

Post by mcleanmuir »

Annie.

Do you want a high res copy of the photo?

Frank was a great park warden, he helped many budding footballers. Everyone had respect for him.
Annie

Post by Annie »

That would be lovely! Thank you so much, i would be more than willing to pay for it, i only have one photo of him around that time, when he and my mum got married, yes his love of football kept him fit up until he died in 1993 he was 84 years old.so not a bad innings for the old boy.he used to take us kids to the parks he worked in, Cator, Beck rec, queens mead, kelsey etc he also used to help with a football team in Elmers end Churchfileds i think it was called. unfortunately he had five daughters and only three sons, two who according to him couldnt play football and the only one who apparently could, wasnt interested ,shame a?, funny thing is my son is very good and has played for a few local teams London Boys being one of them, but he is 25 now so too late to be big league, he used to play football against / with Shaun wright phillips and Scot parker.
he still plays for a saturday team.
i will pm you my details and look forward to hearing from you :D