how about this for christmas?

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
SamC

how about this for christmas?

Post by SamC »

i was browsing the internet and i came across a website. for the sake of forum rules i wont post a link but just say the name grand illusions. they sell some really cool stuff and their website even has a holographic dragon to download for free. i particularly liked an item called telescopic view. a 3 dimentional picture of the great exhibition in crystal palace in 1851. there is a video which explains more about it.

in answer to 4 personal messages, google search grand illusions. go to homepage, at homepage select the toys tab and then select optical illusions at left hand side. when at optical illusions scroll down. it is called telescopic view
LisaCummins

Post by LisaCummins »

Hi Samc

WOW :!: What an interesting website. The Crystal Palace Telescopic View is very interesting. I ordered one for myself which came on Christmas Eve. I opened it yesterday and I'm truly delighted. It give a nice 3D effect as everything stands out. It provides a nice insight as to how Crystal Palace once looked internally before the fire.
As for the website, I'm truly amazed by all on offer and everything else on sale. I love their video demonstrations. The prices are quite reasonable too.

Thanks very much. :D
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

They have originals of this at the robert Opies packaging museum in Notting Hill.

Worth going even if you aren't into Crystal Palace for a trip down memory lane, plus I have some work displayed in there :-)
LisaCummins

Telescopic View - Crystal Palace

Post by LisaCummins »

Thanks for that Leenewham,

I will definately have a look, sounds interesting