Penge Video

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
mcleanmuir

Penge Video

Post by mcleanmuir »

Does anyone have a copy of a Video of Penge made in the 60s. I have a feeling that there was a copy made by the Penge Rotary Club and another made by a resident.

Thanks
mcleanmuir

Post by mcleanmuir »

I now have a copy of the Penge DVD, it includes some motorbike racing at The Crystal Palace.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is this DVD copyright? It would be great if we could put it, or excerpts, on http://sydenham.tv

Admin
mcleanmuir

Post by mcleanmuir »

That is a very long story.

Bottom line is a member of The Penge Rotary Club has copyright and will not allow use of the DVD because the BBC may want to use the part with Frank and Peggy Spencer one day. He is in his late 90s and is very rich.

I informed him that I would delete the bit with Frank and Peggy Spencer but still no go. I am interested to find out if he got permission to use the background music and if he would pass on any Royalties to Peggy Spencer. I also do not know where he stands with all the Penge people in the film, some are still around.

The film is a tour of Penge in his Rolls Royce in 1964. There is a bit of motor cycle racing at the Palace and some footage of Frank and Peggy Spencer with the Joe Loss Orchestra

At the end of the day it does not belong to me and I have to respect the choice of others no matter how frustrating that may be.

You may wish to try, do a search for Penge Rotary Club and phone up the Chairman.