Wide Image Problem

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
admin
Site Admin

Wide Image Problem

Post by admin »

THT has brought to my attention that the new forum truncates pictures that are too wide. The old software 'stretched' but this was deemed to be ugly by the designers.

The good news is the new branding is wider than the old so you are going to get an extra 200 pixels in a week or two. Nevertheless it is best to keep images down to 500 pixels or so meantime.

For pictures that need to be REALLY BIG I hope to be adding some software which will automatically create a thumbnail and link to the bigger picture. I don't know how easy this is but will try it as soon as possible.

Meanwhile forgive the disruption while I get a handle on it.

Admin
bigbadwolf

Re: Wide Image Problem

Post by bigbadwolf »

D'ya get all that, Steve?
tulse hill terry

Post by tulse hill terry »

I'm trying . . . . . .
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I should add that pictures have not really been truncated but the right side is 'hidden'
If you display the image in a new window it is still all there to see!

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have modded the forum so all pictures wider than 550 pixels are resized down to fit the screen. If you go to the walk around CP thread you should now see all the pix in their entirety: http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1500

I also working on a mobile version which will shrink the pictures so you can use your phone to show how Sydenham looked before you went down the pub ...

Admin
Konqi

Post by Konqi »

reset my cache, but no images appear to be resized...

using Firefox 3.6

and Konqueror 4.4
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Konqui,

You should not need to clear your cache. Re-sizing works fine for me on both Konqueror 4.4.2 and Firefox 3.6.3 running on Kubuntu 10.4. What are you running on?

Do remember the image may not be re-sized until the browser has completed the downloads which are heavy on that page if you don't have a fast connection.

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A bonus of the new black'n'white forum is wider so the pix re-sizing is increased from 550 to 700 pixels wide.

Admin