Welcome to our spanking new Town Museum

The History of Sydenham from Cippenham to present day. Links to photos especially welcome!
admin
Site Admin

Welcome to our spanking new Town Museum

Post by admin »

First an apology: I have been delinquent in not organising a proper history section on the main site as promised. I'll blame to Infernal Revenue, VAT Inspectors and anybody else who quickly comes to mind. But the fact is at the moment the enthusiasm of your good selves is greater than the old Forum could cope.

So a new section. I have moved - or will move suitable threads from Town Cafe. Please keep up the good work and I will try and do something to assimilate the best of this into a better organised format in the near future.

Enjoy!
leaf

Post by leaf »

:D brilliant,thanks!
Steve Grindlay

Post by Steve Grindlay »

I was planning my response, but leaf has put it far my succinctly, and I can only agree. Those who like local history and those who don't will both benefit by this.
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Stuart,

When you get a moment, you might like to move all these other history related topics from the Town Cafe to the new Town Museum, unless you want to promote me to Moderator and I'll do it? :D Everyone is probably laughing now, but I reckon I would be an ideal candidate to take on the responsibility, as I'm not too ambitious or power mad. I will always respect Stuart's position as the Administrator. Apologies if I've spoken too boldly or sound cheeky... I hope you don't ban me instead... :P

-----
(Admin) Long list of articles moved as requested
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Falkor wrote:...want to promote me to Moderator ... I'm not too ambitious or power mad
You got the job! We will have to find a nice fancy title for you. Suggestions (hopefully unmoderated) welcome ... Falkor - you will be getting a PM later tonight.

Admin
leaf

Post by leaf »

congratulations falkor!
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Thank you, Stuart! :) To be honest, I thought you would have turned me down cold, so that's come as a nice early Christmas surprise; very honoured indeed! You will find out I'm very reliable and trustworthy, and I will try my very hardest in my new post under your wing. I doubt any topics will ever get out of hand on this calm and friendly forum--well, maybe the occasional one once in the blue moon! Instead, I hope to help you fight SPAM for the most part--especially during your holiday periods--noticed you keep log of all previous mop ups. You could say I've already been demoted to a sweeper, but I look forward to taking on the challenge and responsibility in a positive light! 8) The admin is obviously a busy man, so I considered he may have needed a bit of help round here... :idea:

leaf, many thanks for your support! :)

Everyone better behave themselves now that I'm in charge! :twisted: Yeah, this feels great... :lol:

I just need to look the part now... going to buy myself a blue tracksuit I think. What's this about giving me a title? :? I like "Conqueror Of The Universe", but I'm sure you can think of a better one. :wink:

EDIT: I think I should ban myself for using too many smileys in this post.
Last edited by Falkor on 4 Dec 2006 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Grindlay

Post by Steve Grindlay »

Hang on a minute... I've just been usurped. Did you not wonder who "historyman" was? I know I've been a totally ineffectual moderator (I can't even remember my password) but this smacks of a ruthless coup d'etat!

On the other hand, Falkor, I'm confident you'll make an excellent moderater. Congratulations, and you certainly have my support
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Did you not wonder who "historyman" was?
Ah, but I thought you never used aliases! :wink: :wink: :wink:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh dear - sorry Steve. Two moderators would be better than one. Do you want a new password?

Re aliases - the tradition here is to seperate out administrative & personal roles. Hence 'Admin' is the STF (hopefully) impartial jobsworth whilst 'Stuart' desperately wants to appear as someone with views and opinions!

Admin - or should it be ... ?
Steve Grindlay

Post by Steve Grindlay »

Falkor wrote:Ah, but I thought you never used aliases! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Oh dear, I walked right in to that one. I've just got up with the intention of removing my post, but it's too late, now.

And thanks, Admin, but I won't have a new password. On forums, as in life, I'm not much of a moderator; whenever people start shouting I either join in or walk away. I'm just glad you've got someone who can give you proper support.