Weekend Outdoor Market Assistant for Capo Caccia
Weekly hours: 6-12 hours
Days worked: Every Saturday plus one Sunday per month for approx. 6 hours per day
Capo Caccia is an award-winning small business bridging the gap between independent artisan food producers in Sardinia and the UK market. We are first and foremost passionate about high-quality food, and strive to share this passion with our ever-expanding network of customers, originally centered primarily in South London though now reaching across the UK.
We’re seeking someone to join us in a customer-facing role, in charge of running our market stall at the weekends – every Saturday plus one Sunday per month. Excellent customer service will be the focus; we require someone who is simultaneously able to welcome regulars and introduce new customers to our products, while weighing and packaging orders on the spot. Though initially you’ll be trained with Antonio, ultimately you will run the market stall on your own. You’ll need to be prepared for all weather, and comfortable spending time outside. Most importantly, a love of food is a must: you don’t need to know everything about cheese and salami, but you’ll need to have a willingness to learn about the food and transfer your knowledge to customers.
This position gives you the unique and special opportunity to be part of the wonderful network of South London market traders and customers, and join the small Capo Caccia team, where there is room for growth for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Real passion for good food and a willingness to learn
• Enthusiasm and interest in Capo Caccia’s products and an ability to transfer this passion to customers
• Confidence in setting up, managing, and packing up / taking down a market stall without assistance
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work alone under own initiative
Job duties: Managing the market
• Learning about Capo Caccia’s products, and being able to talk about the products clearly and concisely with customers
• Setting up the outside market stall with an attractive display and clearly labelled products
• Selling at the markets – multi-tasking: weighing and cutting products, talking to customers, interacting with market managers, gaining new customers
• Closings down: wrapping all products, packing up the displays in an organized way
• Desired but not essential: own transportation in order to bring market goods to and from our nearby small warehouse to the markets
One-month probationary period where you will train and work alongside Antonio, after which you will be required to set up and run the market stall without assistance.
Applying for the role:
• Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 30th April 2021
• If you have any questions about the role, please call Antonio Arca on 07737 171968
Living in Sydenham and looking for a gardener, flat or whatever? Advertise free here
1 post • Page 1 of 1