5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
ALIB

5-a-side footie

Post by ALIB »

Are there any people out there (male or female of no particular playing standard) interesetd in having a game or two of 5-a-side footie?

If i get enough responses to form some teams, i'll look at finding an appropriate venue/date

Initially, i've set my sights low at just a match or two, but if enough interest is generated, then perhaps a tournament....

Ali B
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

depending on when, i will be up for that.

will i need to get boots and shin guards?

also, i've heard stories about 5 a side being the realm of aggressive chavs. is this true?

will you expect me to lie on the ground clutching my ankle like these overpaid peacocks in "the beautiful game"?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

yes, so long as the hopelessly unfit and malcoordinated are invited.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Count me in - Sunday evening is a good time for me - probably the only time I could regularly commit to. I used to do this a few years ago and found that having a game Sunday evening was a good way of extending the weekend - it delayed me thinking of Monday morning issues for a while. Only reasoin I stopped was the move to Sydenham from Wandsworth (now nearly 11 years ago).

By the way my admittance of prior experience does not make me an expert etc......
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

I would be interested in this.

don't get home till 1900hrs most nights... weekends would be possible.

whatcha think Alib
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

ah, a problem I would have is that I wont be able to commit to a specific regular time....so if that would be required then I'd have to be counted out. I work a strange rolling shift pattern thats on a 5 week (i think) rotation.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm interested. Sunday evenings sound good.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

OK Sunday afternoon/evening is looking a goer. I'll get some prices and venue details and we'll try and get a game organised.

What i need from you guys is to say whether sunday afternoon/evening is going to be OK. I thought we'd go for the one match initially, and then see if people want another game,...or not.

I am total crud at football and a little past my physical peak, so anyone who can make me look good is more than welcome. Equipment required will be trainers and sports gear/tracksuit/shorts type stuff. I'll see if the proposed venues supply the ball and some bibs.

Probably looking at mid -May by the time i get some responses in and confirm a venue. That will give people like me a few weeks to try and lose some ballast.

Keep the posts coming if you are interested.......
And there will likely be a compulsory beer or two afterwards
Last edited by ALIB on 15 Apr 2009 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I am rubbish at football but reasonably fit and I reckon that this could be good fun. Sunday afternoon/ evening is OK with me.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Great idea ALIB. I'm interested in playing too. I'm more of a Razor Ruddock than Ronaldo and more than happy to have a shot at making you look good!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Players confirmed so far:

Lambchops
Ali B
Thomas
Marathon
Biscuitman 1978
Bensonby
Scotti Hamilton
Sydenham

Thats enough for a 4 a side and makes this already a goer. Unfortunatley I was told Kangley Bridge leisure cente have one outdoor pitch that they can't use on Sundays. Also the lady i spoke to said that i had to do a 12 week block booking (she didn't sound very experienced)

However, I have found a company called 'Goals' who have multiple pitches in Beckenham and Beckenham North. The piches cost £41 an hour....so presently that would be £5 each.

http://www.goalsfootball.co.uk/LocationMap.aspx

Next week I'll book a sunday for Mid-May and if anyone else wants to boost the numbers, they are more than welcome. If this gets a bit of support, there'll still be plenty of the summer left to get some more matches in.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Great - either location is OK with me - thanks for organising.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Does Sunday May 10th get some support? maybe around 3pm-5pm kick-off?

Also, i would rather have a few too many people than too few. We can always use substitutes, and we should have a nice social afterwards.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'll be the first to throw a spanner in the works and say I can't make that date. The previous and following Sunday are okay, though.

I have a ball and some bibs that I'm happy to bring (though don't let that influence your choice of date!).
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

I'd like to join in with this. I play in goal for a Top Corner league on Tuesdays, so it would be good to get a run out!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

for my own selfish personal reasons, i cannot do the 3rd May. Therefore i suggest keeping it to the 10th, and we can always arrange additional games thereafter.

(Chazza, you sound a bit too good for this level. My inspirations are Ron 'chopper' Harris for pure footballing technique)
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

OK, I can't do Sundays in summer.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

OK, i need to grab this by the horns, else it will meander and fall.

Can all those who have responded positively, provide all details as to your preferred days/dates/times for next month (May). I can then chose the best date(s).

I would have thought some of the staff from TDA and Dolphin would have been up for this?

Ali B
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Apart from Tuesdays and Thursdays, I should be free for nearly all of May.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Any day for me, evenings or weekends.