5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I should be free for 24 June (with bibs and spare ball), though I won't know for sure until towards the end of next week. Happy to pay my share of the cost up front.

As you know, I can't do 17 June.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

OK, i've cancelled the 17th due to lack of response.

If more than 8 people want to go ahead with the 17th, then I'll re-book.

We''ll see how it goes before i book the 24th
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I should be able to find another two people willing to play this week - I will confirm on Monday. If a couple more can make it then this week might be viable...

I do hope this doesn't die a death, we were doing so well with the numbers.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

i agree Marathon, but I can't force people to turn up. Work commitments and other stuff gets in the way. I really appreaciate your efforts, and I will try and get some additional interest generated so I can re-book the pitch for the 17th.
The trouble is that the responsibililty for payment lies with me, so if no-one turns up I get a bill for £58.70 (or whatever). Obviously after last week my confidence is dented, but I'm more than willing to carry on if we get the numbers.

(I still have the 'mini-bus crash' excuse to play in a no-show situation, but I was told that would be in very bad taste) :D

As Marathon says, this can still be re-booked for the 17th, so please post your availability if interested.........

C'mon guys, don'tlet me name and shame some of the original team members. we have had some excellent weather for our previous matches and a few shandies afterwards.

...and where are the ladies?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Apologies for being a bit quiet of late and ducking out of earlier games, but the 24th is OK with me and I look forward to seeing you there. I am also happy to chip in with a bit of extra cash if needs be.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

The lack of a decent number of people for the 17th is making this look unlikely.
Please post availability for the 24th
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

Hey, is it too late for Weds? I and My future Brother in law are free?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Hi Scott, let me recap who is available for the 17th...

Ali B
Scott
Scotts FBIL
Marathon, +2

That's 3 a side at the moment and more importantly £10 each if this is to go ahead ( a bit steep).

Another 2 volunteers (minimum) and I'll go ahead and book it for the 17th and the price then goes down to around £7.50 each for 4 a side , or £6 each if we can get 10 people confirmed.

C'mon peeps , show some mettle and get your shin pads at the ready.

Please post your availability

Where is Trickster, Chazza, Sydenham, Sydenhamboy, Southernmoose, Rojackrd, Parklife, Donny + Paul and brother?
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

That's Marathon + 3. So one more - Trickster? - and we might have a game on!!
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Alib

Have been on holiday
I can't do tomorrow, but can do pretty much any other day, including the 24th - Midsummers Day !
ROJACKRD

Post by ROJACKRD »

On holiday next week so am not going to tempt fate with an injury.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Can't make 24th, got a work thing. If we're talking Wednesdays, I can do 1st July but not 8th.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

This seems a bit disappointing after our initial success. From the original responses at the start of the thread we appeared to have a pool of around 15-18 players who wanted to play.
At this point I'm not booking the pitch for the 17th as we only have 7 confirmed players (thanks to those who responded). I'm not even sure at this stage, that even if we could get one more player, whether we could book a pitch at this stage.

Looking ahead to the 24th, there have been 5 positive responses:

AliB
Parklife
Thomas
Biscuiman
Bensonby

Another 3 players(minimum) would convince me to book.

(From the first posts and the first match or two, i thought this would be a breeze to organise, as it settles into a routine. Actually, it's becoming a bit awkward as people go on holiday or have work commitments and I don't get the confirmed numbers 'til fairly late and it's becoming a gamble (with my £58.90) as to whether we go ahead from one week to the next. Here's hoping the 24th becomes a 'goer')
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I do think people should commit (financially) some weeks ahead.

I can commit quite a long time in advance - and would be willing to give you some cash - it's just that its a rather random selection of wednesdays...
scott.l.hamilton

I'll Commit to the 24th

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

Count me +1 for the 24th.. will put money up in advance.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Thanks Scott and Bensonby. One more confirmation for the 24th and i will book it. It will be 4-a-side, with room for at least 2 more.

So far

AliB
Parklife
Thomas
Biscuitman
Bensonby
Scott + 1
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

And me, plus my brother for definate and two other possibles.

Shame about tonight. More than happy to pay in advance.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Ok the pitch is booked for 8pm Kick off on June 24th.

i have just spoken to Alex the manager who says i owe him £60 for the june 10th booking where we had a lack of numbers.
I told him that was bollo, because I spoke to him and Ben at the time and they said that would be fine., because of the tube strike.

I'll wait to hear back from the guy and update you on the position. We may have to go tooled-up on the 24th and ready for some friction with the staff.

I'm confident of a happy outcome though,..... (before it gets to a physical confrontation)

OOOPs, I spoke too soon. I am now in posession of an invoice for £58.90
I've emailed the centre to see if they are going to pursue this as the letter wants payment within 7 days, else a withdrawl of booking priveleges.
Last edited by ALIB on 17 Jun 2009 09:22, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yep, 24th is good for me and in my calendar.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Apologies, apologies, apologies, was away at a wedding for a long weekend and spent yesterday trying to sort out a new job so haven't been checking the forum.

I thought I had confirmed my availability for tonight while we were in the bar watching the footie last week.

Anyway, looks as though tonight is a no go now. I am available next week as well though so let me know what you want to do about money upfront. Cheers Dickie