5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ali

Thanks as ever for organising the game. Really enjoyed it.

I'm keen to play on 1 July. Happy with the £6 per game arrangement.

I think you know who I am, but will PM you my details.
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

I am in, as is my brother in law..

I have no fancy footwork or (apparantly) aim; just presence....
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

So far for 1st July

Ali
Scott
Scotts BIL/Chris
Biscuitman/Rich
Parklife/Dave

I need another 3 confimations before i book. C'mon guys, get posting.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Hi Ali - me plus three (and maybe a fourth again)
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Ali

My friend Andy said he will come
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

OK, it's booked. Wednesday 1st July 8pm Kick-off. Lookin at numbers, we will have to rotate substitutes again. We don't have enough people to justify booking two pitches

Maybe some of us will get there a bit early to have a warmup kickabout on the grass piches? Scott, can you bring your ball again?
In fact, can everyone get there 10 minutes before kick-off, so i can collect the £6 and pay the centre? They require the payment before we play

I'm collecting money at the moment on a trust basis as people turn-up at different times and give me money at different points in the evening. An old codger like me finds it difficult to keep tabs on people in this situation.
Just to add that I am logging monies. There looks like there will be a surplus at the end of the season. If this is the case, shall I put this money behind the bar at our final match of the summer? suggestions on a postcard

Hopefully we'll get some more spiffing weather next week so I can enjoy a pint on the pavillion steps after the game.

Thanks to Biscuitman for bringing the bibs and ball. I won't be bringing my camera in the future for match photos. ....unless someone gets smashed in the groin again. In the corridor linking the pitches on wednesday i witnessed a chap get 'bowled middle stump' by an absolute screamer of a shot. It took him ages to get up off the floor. There's something quite satisfying in finding humour in other people's misfortune :D
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Another very enjoyable game cheers Ali. I'm in for next week. Dickie
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm back from 3 weeks of travel; available most wednesdays and happy to cough up in advance. I'll be there this wednesday and I'll see if Paul is around.....
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

see you wednesday.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thanks for a good game last Wednesday - I can't make this coming Wednesday but should be around for some future games.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

As i understood it Thomas, you were dropped, due to a big dip in form (or the rumours about the shower room incident).

Keep up the training and hope to see you in the near future.
ROJACKRD

Post by ROJACKRD »

Put me down for playing tomorrow night ALIB. Sorry I haven't shown for ages, work commitments.

How has it been going, is your fitness improving.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

i'm in for tomorrow.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

OK, for tomorrow we may have a few more people than 10. Can i ask that everyone be prepared to do 'swapsies' at regular intervals.?

Regarding excess monies, when we reach the critical amount I will announce a 'free' evening. Hopefully this will be regular and reduce the amount of excess at the end of the season. If everyone is OK with this, then that's what will happen.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Guys, I'm bombing out this evening. I have a dodgy stomach.

Biscuitman (Richard) has kindly volunteered to sort out the monies tonight. Hope the game goes well.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Another good game tonight. Thanks to all ten who turned up. We made a grand profit of £1.10 (10 players at £6 each on a pitch costing £58.90). As Ali says, we can put that towards a 'free' game sometime in the future.

Ali will be back in charge next week, but in the meantime please post your availability for next Wednesday (8 July) at 8pm. As ever, all welcome.

I'll be the first to put my name on the teamsheet.
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

sorry, got caught at the hospital longer than expected...
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Cheers for sorting that out at such short notice Rich.

I'm in for Wednesday July 8th. KO 8pm

Any more for any more?
ROJACKRD

Post by ROJACKRD »

Enjoyed the games last night.

Will be playing next week to.

Hopefully it might be a bit cooler next week.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

And whilst people confirm for next week, just a quick note to say we have approximately £25 in the kitty, which will go towards any weeks where we have a shortfall in numbers. Or alternatively, if the pot keeps rising, we use to have a free match once it hits the critical £58.90.

As ever, can you post your availability for next week (stomach bugs and hospital appointments permitting)