5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Aidan is a 'probably' for Wednesday. Sorry I can't be more firm (don't shoot the messenger, etc).
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thanks Lem,

I can only count those (who like everyone else who plays regularly) have registered; for reasons I've cited Ad nauseum. I let players like Ryan away with it as he normally helps us out late-doors and isn't overly regular. Matt is in his second week, if he enjoys the game and wants to come again next week (fingers crossed he does) then I'll ask the same of him.

I have to make a stand on this. BUT as ever, I'm willing to back down if the important ones here (my fellow players) think this stance is too rigid/draconian/anal...or whatever.

If you/anyone feels I'm wrong, or right, let me know.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

sorry i can't confirm either way yet. prob won't know until next week...so prob better to assume me a no and if i am available i'll join in if that makes even numbers/right number for whichever pitch.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Im in for the weds 30th ......... cheers !
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers cyclesteve!

One more confirmation and I can book the 7s.

The deadline still remains, as ever, Monday lunchtime but it'd be just nice if we have 12 before then and we can rest easy knowing any other confirmations are very welcome extra players.
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm not able to say for definite yet I'm afraid. Will do my best to give you an answer by Monday lunchtime - sorry it can't be sooner.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for 30th.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Good man Tarbs.

I'll book the 7s pitch ASAP.

Columbus, chrelcombe; no worries. I'm not suggesting players need to confirm any earlier than as has always been. More that knowing we're already 12 means we can remove the worry of not having enough for the 7s AND anyone who then still confirms in proper time is a welcome addition to the game:

1, Ulysses
2, Biscuitman1978
3, Marathon
4, Chazza
5, Matt
6, Joe Pineapples
7, Middlesborough
8, Bazwaldo
9, Fatbackfour
10, Swartie
11, Cyclesteve
12, Tarbs
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Assuming they post them on Monday we should hopefully have them for Wednesday. Chose green as we mostly all wear red or blue
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

up for a runaround on wednesday - hopefully we can reach the magic 14!
SB
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Aidan is now a 'definite' for Wednesday.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers Rory!

I think Droid is off up some Italian Alps on a bike this week (if memory serves) so once we hear from Trickster, Columbus and ChrElcombe this week we'll know of the final figure.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Alas, I shall not be joining you this week lads as I have managed to get some tickets for the Kings of Leon gig in Hyde Park. Have a good match and I should be back next week.

Cheers Dickie
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers for lettting us know Dickie.

Hope you don't have a wasted time. Think I'll be knackered after four kicks in this heat. Maybe looking to the fans to maybe use somebody. What a notion eh? It'll be a crawl come the end...

See what I did there*?

* For any non-KoL fans words in italics are all songs by them.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

I am "in" for Wednesday. Woo-hoo.

Ulysees - could you use some of the kitty to invest in some goal-line technology?
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

I agree, maybe invest in some of that state-of-the-art goal-line technology used by the BBC yesterday, which showed the ball crossing England's goal line many, many times :(
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Still not sure about Wed, as I'm trying to organise a Wimbledon trip but am waiting on some other people. Probably best not to expect me at this stage, but if I am available and there's space for me I'll get in touch.
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Uylsses

Am back from holiday.

Looks like I will be an irregular player as from now on as am meeting up with daughter on wednesday evenings instead of Tuesdays.

I'll lend her a copy of "Bend it like Beckham" and try and get her interested in playing !

will post when I can make it
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

1, Ulysses
2, Biscuitman1978
3, Marathon
4, Chazza
5, Matt
6, Joe Pineapples
7, Middlesborough
8, Bazwaldo
9, Fatbackfour
10, Swartie
11, Cyclesteve
12, Tarbs
13, Sydenhamboy
14, Columbus

SO, this leads me onto the 'elephant in the room'.

Lem: I appreciate you are asking your mate to come along and to register. He is not doing so. As you can see his attendance - which to date you can see I've been ignoring - now places us as an odd number.

But...you are allowing him to evade the registration by being his mouthpiece...so "not shooting the messenger" is only halfway valid.

Basically; I've spoken to a few other players and until such time as Aidan registers and places himself as an attendee then the hackles are up...

...So much so that I am insisting that if he doesn't register and confirm his attendance by lunchtime tomorrow please tell him he is not welcome to come along under my 'managerialship'.

I'm quite willing to resign the 'gig' as a result of this. I don't see what he thinks makes him so special...
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ulysses wrote:Basically; I've spoken to a few other players and until such time as Aidan registers and places himself as an attendee then the hackles are up...

...So much so that I am insisting that if he doesn't register and confirm his attendance by lunchtime tomorrow please tell him he is not welcome to come along under my 'managerialship'.
Sounds fair enough. I'll let him know and he can decide if he wants to register.