Cycling partner needed

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Patrick

Cycling partner needed

Post by Patrick »

I am a middle aged bloke with a reasonable racing bike and reasonable fitness looking to go out for a 20-30 mile ride once a week early on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I am new to Sydenham and London so don't know my way around very well yet - so would also appreciate suggestions on what would be a good ride.

Patrick
stuart

Re: Cycling partner needed

Post by stuart »

We do a ride every Sunday @ 9am into the delightful Kent or Surrey countryside. We stop for tea about 11am. Half the group turn home from there making about 30 miles. Some go on to a pub for lunch giving a longer 50/60 mile option.

We go slow and don't leave anybody behind. If its boy racers try Dulwich Paragon. If its a leisurely conversational ride than you can't beat the Anerley. Biking since 1831. The start point is no longer the late lamented robin Hood in Anerley but a phone box near Purley Oaks. There is a direct train from Sydenham (with a neat place to store your bike) at 08.25 - but be careful to check for Sunday maintenence. Otherwise I bike down to Purley from Sydenham at about the same time.

You are very welcome to join me (but not this weekend, got a christening). More info here: http://anerleybc.org/

Stuart