<new to town,looking for company over badminton

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Indianflava

<new to town,looking for company over badminton

Post by Indianflava »

Hi,

I recently moved to London.Not that recent per se came here 3 months ago.Just discovered the sydenham forum.I wanted to start playing baddie once again reasons owing to primarily exercise and work-outs.And henceforth thought that i would give a shout out in here.I am an average player.And so i am looking for company on Mondays/any day of the week that suits you.I have had a brush with the locals and they have been really nice.I reckon if i can find a partner for baddie as well.Only place i found out is Bridge Leisure Center,sydenham.Let me know if you know of any other facility nearby .I wont mind traveling a bit.Please get in touch if you sound interested.

P.S: Used to play baddie back in my school days.So aint that bad.Just a bit rusty.
JRobinson

Re: <new to town,looking for company over badminton

Post by JRobinson »

there is a club in the sports centre at the back of Forest Hill School (school is on Mayow Road, sports centre is round the back on Brampton Road), they play on Tuesday nights - 8pm to 10pm.

my brother has played there occaisionally.
MancExile

Post by MancExile »

Indianflava wrote:Hi,

I recently moved to London.Not that recent per se came here 3 months ago.Just discovered the sydenham forum.I wanted to start playing baddie once again reasons owing to primarily exercise and work-outs.And henceforth thought that i would give a shout out in here.I am an average player.And so i am looking for company on Mondays/any day of the week that suits you.I have had a brush with the locals and they have been really nice.I reckon if i can find a partner for baddie as well.Only place i found out is Bridge Leisure Center,sydenham.Let me know if you know of any other facility nearby .I wont mind traveling a bit.Please get in touch if you sound interested.

P.S: Used to play baddie back in my school days.So aint that bad.Just a bit rusty.
Hello mate,
I'd be interested in the odd game of badminton.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Here's the details for the Forest Hill School near Mayow Park...

http://www.foresthillschool.co.uk/31/sports-centre
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

I too would be interested. There's also the National Sports Center in Crystal Palace Park. Good "baddie" facilities.

I was once an accomplished squash and tennis player but that was 20 odd years ago. Not too bad at badminton back then either. I'm sure I could provide for a few good rallies.

photo@paultreacy.com
Shane

Post by Shane »

I'd like to join you guys. Badly in need of some exercise lol. Where and when will you guys be playing?
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

I don't think anyone arranged anything concrete.
I looked at the Forest Hill school website linked above, and they do badminton on Wednesday nights, 7-9 so I might go along tonight, to see what it's like.
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

Hi!

Actually just posted on this very subject!

Brittanic House Badminton Club - we play every Tuesday from 8-10pm. All levels and ages welcome. Just bring your own racket and we'll supply everything else. No membership required, £8 for the two hours, first session for free!

Located in the gym at Sydenham High School (19 Westwood Hill).

For further details, contact Janet Horton (jfm27@hotmail.co.uk) tel:0208 661 0743.