Half-term activities

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Cat Bateman

Half-term activities

Post by Cat Bateman »

Wondering what to do because so many groups close for the holidays? You could always wrap up warmly and bring your little ones and some hearty singing voices down to GROW MAYOW Community Garden (YES, we are still singing nursery rhymes in the garden behind the old pavilion despite the building work next door and the weather!), Tuesday 18th February (and every Tuesday after that). We sing along to Cat's guitar, there's a heater and you can help yourself to a hot drink. It's a hidden dell in the heart of our great community. Come and have a sing-song, we'd love to have you. £3 per family.
vizzle

Re: Half-term activities

Post by vizzle »

That sounds great.

We're new to the area - hello! Does anyone have any good ideas of what to do with a 2 and 4-year-old during half term?

Someone told me about a soft play place on Wells Park Road, but I can't find any info.

Loving it round here so far, but next week we're up for a proper exploration...
chrism

Post by chrism »

We love Cat's sessions in Mayow Park on Tuesdays! Really good value and she's amazing with the children. Ignore all the construction by the soon-to-be cafe, the sessions are still happening. I didn't realise she's also at Cafe Nene in Beckenham on Mondays at 10am. Always good fun.
vizzle

Post by vizzle »

What time is kick-off in Mayow Park?
chrism

Post by chrism »

1015 at Mayow.
NatashaM

Post by NatashaM »

Grow Mayow is a brilliant place.

On other days this week there's the stay and play at the old Crystal Palace Park one o'clock club (10-1 and 2-4 I think the times are).

Also the Imagine children's festival is on this week at the festival hall - there's quite a lot of free, unticketed stuff in the Clore Ballroom.