FOREST HILL BOYS : OFFERS DAY

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
robinredbread

FOREST HILL BOYS : OFFERS DAY

Post by robinredbread »

Hi now that we have the results of the secondary places - a trauma I'm happy to say I'll not have to do again - does anyone have any thoughts on Forest Hill Boys? My son got in there which I think is a really good thing - it would be great if anyone could give some feedback (hopefully positive!!) Thank you
gurka

Re: FOREST HILL BOYS : OFFERS DAY

Post by gurka »

Hi it was on our list of 6 but we got KD, but I liked it at the open days.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

What's KD?
gurka

Post by gurka »

Sorry I've been spending too much time on Mumsnet :-(, KD is abbrev for Kingsdale Foundation school in Dulwich which was one of our 6 choices for secondary school.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Forest Hill is a good school, v caring and great pastoral care. Results not bad over the years recently
gurka

Post by gurka »

We actually had Forest Hill higher on our CAF form but got KD instead even tho we live closer to FH ?? just happy that we got offered a school as I know of a few who didn't get ANY school :-(
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

gurka wrote:We actually had Forest Hill higher on our CAF form but got KD instead even tho we live closer to FH ?? just happy that we got offered a school as I know of a few who didn't get ANY school :-(
My son went there (Kingsdale) staff were exceptional esp the mentors office and deputy head. Sadly his autism stopped him completing any exams bar maths and even that was a terrible struggle.