bored son !!!

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
gerry

bored son !!!

Post by gerry »

I don't know if anyone can help but ....... my 16 1/2 year old son is currently looking for part-time work in sydenham for 20+ hours a week during summer holidays (and 1 day at weekends when he goes back to studying his 'A' levels).

He is a bit disillusioned at present.

Anyone know of anything out there??
mrtimelover

Re: bored son !!!

Post by mrtimelover »

I;m int he exact same situation. I'm about to start A levels and have asked loads of businesses for jobs. The think is no one is recruiting, so honestly, it is unlikely that he will find one (Unless he is really lucky). So instead im doing work experience which will be good for finding a job at a later date.

I would recommend work experience to be honest.
safdirector

Post by safdirector »

I can't promise to pay him much but if your son would be interested in helping backstage with my open-air production of The Importance of Being Earnest at The Dolphin Pub he could contact me by email at sponprods@gmail.com. The show starts on Thursday 25th August and performs 26th, 27th Aug, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Sept + a likely extra 3 or four dates up to 10th Sept.

It's good work experience and I've always managed to give my backstage crew something at the end of the run.

Anyone else interested could phone me on 07904 505923
Jonathan Kaufman
Spontaneous Productions
sfhyouthforum

Post by sfhyouthforum »