activities for mum and 8mth old?

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
topnotch

activities for mum and 8mth old?

Post by topnotch »

Hello, I see a similar question was asked a few weeks ago but it was replied in pm so I'd thought I'd ask again...

I've been searching all over for infomation about mother and baby activities and groups but can't find anything on the web or even find out where and who to ask! I have a really old timetable of surestart activities but can't find out if they are still running or not.

Can anyone help or let me know where to look to find out?

Thank you.
Maria

Re: activities for mum and 8mth old?

Post by Maria »

Hi - if you scroll down in Town Cafe till the thread "activities for babies and toddlers you will see quite a few useful replies.

I am waiting for a few days till I am able to "bump" the thread on a separate division of the forum for people like you and me, and so many others... similar to the 2 excellent ones in the East Dulwich Forum. If you support this idea, please let us know in the meantime. (see in Town Asylum)

rgrds - maria
Poppy2011

Post by Poppy2011 »

Hi there

I've recently moved to Sydenham from Forest Hill so most things I do/have done/am about to do with my 9 month old are based around there, thought I'd mention them though!

* Baby Sensory, Honor Oak Road - Wednesday afternoon (other classes available)
www.babysensory.com
* Boppin Bunnies, Honor Oak pub - Thursday afternoon (my first class this week)
www.boppinbunnies.co.uk
* Swimming lessons - Beckenham Spa
* NCT playgroup, Normanton St, Forest Hill - Monday at 9:30am
* Tea Dance for Little People, Brockley - not been yet but friends say it is good
www.tdlp.co.uk
* Rhymetime, Forest Hill library - Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon
* The Hob in Forest Hill shows a film once a month (I think) that you can take babies to

This activity list was recently posted on the East Dulwich Forum, might be useful although I think it is slightly out of date.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum ... msg-729123

Hope this helps!
Sara
apcmoomin

Post by apcmoomin »

There's a baby & toddler group, run by a few mums, that meets up every other Thursday at the Venner Road Hall (behind Pedders estate agents on Syd Road). From 10.15 til around 11.30. £1.50 includes refreshments. Lots of nursery rhymes and story time. Next one will be on Thursday 29th September. I no longer go to the RhymeTime session at Syd Library, since the guy with the guitar is no longer there :( (I've been once since a few weeks ago and the session was awful)
So this group really suits me & my 8 month old son.

I have also recently tried out a baby and toddler playgroup at the Forest Hill Methodist Church , on Normanton Street - this takes place every Friday morning from 9.30-11.30. Costs £1 and includes refreshments for adults and kids. It's also run by a few mums (its not a church group if anyone was wondering!) Lots of play things for all the kids in a large room. kids sit down for refreshments at a certain time, followed by some more play and then they sit down again for some craft activity...then they play some more until the nursery rhyme session and then it's home time. The 2 hours goes very quickly indeed.
These groups are not just for mums - there were a few dads at the playgroup today

Hope this helps!!
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

There's a superb one o clock club by at Crystal Palace Park (on Crystal Palace Park Road)

Forest Hill library has story time (although, working F/T I have never been)as does Sydenham Library