Pregnancy Yoga

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Giddysquid

Pregnancy Yoga

Post by Giddysquid »

Can anyone recommend a good Pregnancy Yoga class in the Sydenham area?
Bobbins

Re: Pregnancy Yoga

Post by Bobbins »

Hello.
Katy Broomfield teaches pregnancy yoga in Penge once a week. katybroomfield@yahoo.co.uk
I've heard lots of lovely things about her, but her classes ran a bit too early for me to get to, so I used to go to Beckenham to Jane Houlding, who was lovely, but it's quite bit further.

To be honest I have found that each yoga teachers is a bit different and it's best if possible to try a few so you can find a style that fits you. Most will then ask you to sign up to a 'block' of sessions as their pregnancy classes are usually really popular.
All the best! Helen
despinetta

Post by despinetta »

I was also going to recommend Katy - she is a very sound teacher. The classes are held at Holy Trinity Church, Lennard Road. At the moment I think the 6 week course is from 6.45 - 7.45pm on Wednesdays. ( Is that early?) . After that, she takes a general Hatha drop-in class from 8.00 - 9.30pm at the bargain rate of £7.50.
Giddysquid

Post by Giddysquid »

Thanks Helen and Despinetta. St Lennard's Road is just round the corner from me so that could be absolutely ideal for my partner. :D
mrsrmdw

Post by mrsrmdw »

I can recommend Kirsty Mathieson's pilates classes on Malham Road in Forest Hill. She is really lovely and I have been to her pregnancy and now her postnatal classes.
http://www.kirstymathieson.com/