Meet A Mum

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Monkey&Mama

Meet A Mum

Post by Monkey&Mama »

I thought this might be a good place to try and meet other local mums. I've recently moved to the area with my 2 year old daughter and am still trying to figure out where everything is. Is there a good local, kid friendly cafe? Does anyone fancy meeting up in the week for coffee and/or a walk in the park?

Emily
Trattoria Raffaele

Re: Meet A Mum

Post by Trattoria Raffaele »

We at Trattoria Raffaele (Italian restaurant at 94 Sydenham Rd) are very child-friendly, having a three year old monkey ourselves! Our chef makes stonebaked pizzas in animal faces, which are very popular with our little guests, so please do pop in!

Local mums and tods often meet for lunch on Fridays, so PM me if you fancy joining us... We hope you are enjoying Sydenham life. There's so many wonderful things going on for children, I'm sure you will love it.

All the best,

Emily
mrsrmdw

Post by mrsrmdw »

There is also a new Net Mums group that has just started in Sydenham. They are meeting every other Monday at 12pm at the Dolphin pub. http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/grou ... enham.html
Ania

Post by Ania »

Hi Mums,
I was wondering if there is any meeting on other days, as I am working on Mondays morning, but would love to meet up with other Mums? I have 15th months old Girl and would like her to meet other babes as well.
A
KM

Post by KM »

Hi Ania

There is a new toddler session at Holy Trinity Church, just off Sydenham Park; meets on Friday 10-12 term time only. I went with my 16 month old and she really enjoyed it too.

And other activities at the Surestart Centres at Eliot Bank & Kelvin Grove schools and Sydenham Green Health Centre; Dance to the Beat, Messy Play, Stay and Play etc

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/b ... 202012.pdf

Kate
Ania

Post by Ania »

Hi Kate.
Thank you.
I will try to go next week.
Thanks for the list, i have it as well, but unfortunately most of sessions are mond-wend. in the morning, when I work and the one in the afternoon is during my babies nap.
I don’t understand why they don’t do it a bit later, because I know few other mums, whose babies have a afternoon naps.
Thanks for your replay.

A