Childcare Agencies - Help the Admin please

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
admin
Site Admin

Childcare Agencies - Help the Admin please

Post by admin »

I have removed a repeat ad placed here by 'a fresh new childcare agency' after I had removed earlier ones and given them a warning which they have so far ignored.

Our neighbouring fora appear to have been identically spammed. What I am concerned about is whether this organisation is operating legally and properly for obvious reasons. They do not appear to provide the required ownership and contact information on their website and actively conceal the ownership of their domain name.

In claiming to be a childcare agency do they have to be registered/approved by someone? Are they supposed to say so? I'm caught in a cleft stick between possibly over reacting to people who are doing stuff wrong in good faith and people who need to be stopped. Any advice welcome (privately by PM if you wish).

Admin
Maria

Re: Chidcare Agencies - Help the Admin please

Post by Maria »

Just the fact they once again posted the ad first thing this morning after contact and removal from you appears to indicate (stongly) we should surely assume they have no credibility and may be breaking the law?

I do hope they either respond convincingly to this serious doubt or otherwise no one contacts them.
chrism

Re: Childcare Agencies - Help the Admin please

Post by chrism »

Actually, I had a look at their website, assuming you're referring to South East London Nannies, and gave them a ring. It's not spam. Gemma seems genuine and knowledgeable enough. I haven't met her in person but based on that, I'd say she placed the add in the wrong section, is all.

C.
Maria

Re: Childcare Agencies - Help the Admin please

Post by Maria »

Well, if she has/had just place the advert in the wrong place, once it was removed by Admin why they did not 1) explain that misunderstanding and 2) waited till given the ok to post again?

And why have they not been in touch since then? I look forward to hearing from them.......