Party/ Lowkey lunch/dinner venue wanted!

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
MiniFox

Party/ Lowkey lunch/dinner venue wanted!

Post by MiniFox »

Hi all
Looking to host a get together for my daughter and her fellow NCT cohorts' 3rd birthday party. (4 maybe 5 3 years olds, 3 babies and 8-10 adults.) Likely to be October.
We hired St Bart's church hall last year and it was very successful but not without its challenges as we had to do an A&E dash when we should have been picking up the keys. Given I was halfway to a nervous breakdown anyway last year, I don't really want to be cooking and ferrying things to a venue with a 3 year old in tow.
So. This year, looking for an easy child friendly but sane pub/ restaurant/ play location that doesn't charge the earth for cold nuggets and tartrazine and importantly doesn't need much for us to sort out.
I'm Sydenham based but the others are in CP, Dulwich and Teddington so we could also cast our net a bit wider.
I'd be really grateful for any ideas/ recommendations.
Thank you guys!
kiddo1974

Re: Party/ Lowkey lunch/dinner venue wanted!

Post by kiddo1974 »

Have you checked the Herne Tavern. A colleauge just visited it over the weekend with her 3 year old and said it was fab.
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

The Florence in Herne Hill is pretty kid friendly and even has a dedicated play room next to their outside area.
Wish we had somewhere like that in Sydenham!

Good luck with the party!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

Thank you ever so much for the responses! I havent logged in for a while and have only just seen them.
I think we are going to do a kids' lunch at Pizza Express in Beckenham (I have been told they do Make Your Own Pizza Parties) but I havent sorted it out yet.
Thanks so much for the other pub recommendations - will check them out.
MF
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

PS we do occasionally go to the Herne and I agree, it is quite nice, especially in the summer!
dickp

Post by dickp »

Agree about the florence in herne hill. Its a kiddie, adult, dog fest, with drinking and eating on top. Cos its next to brockwell park, we pop out with the dogs, kids etc into the open air, when they get bored sitting with the grown ups.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image