TO ALL SYDENHAM RESIDENTS

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Glamour_ Lounge

TO ALL SYDENHAM RESIDENTS

Post by Glamour_ Lounge »

GLAMOUR LOUNGE PRIVATE MEMBERS CLUB

A warm and friendly welcome to all Sydenham residents.

Glamour Lounge private members club, is proud to present the premier of a documentary called “Life begins again” to be shown on channel 4 Friday the 4th May’07 12.45 in the afternoon, this documentary hosted by Gabby Roslyn charts the events leading up to the opening of the Glamour Lounge in Sydenham.

To mark this special occasion the Glamour Lounge invites all Sydenham residents to celebrate with us on Friday 4th May’07 ( free glass of wine to the 1st 50 residents- between 7pm-10pm)

Glamour Lounge is situated at 291, Kirkdale Sydenham SE26 4QD(next to the Total Petrol Station) telephone 07932878520/ email info at glamourloungelondon.com for bookings and room hire. (special discounts for birthday Parties) Glamour Lounge the renowned nightclub, bar and restaurant, Catering up to 650+ guests, featuring two superb rooms, with its extensive sound and lighting system, Dance floors, large licensed bars, reception and fully air conditioned throughout a ideal place for:- Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, club nights, hen parties, showcases, promotions office parties, society dinners

OPENING HOURS

SUNDAY 1PM-3.00AM
MONDAY 3PM-3.00AM
TUESDAY 3PM-3.00AM
WEDNESDAY 3PM-3.00AM
THURSDAY 3PM-5.00AM
FRIDAY 3PM-5.00AM
SATURDAY 3PM-5.00AM

WHAT’S ON

CLUB NIGHTS FRI-SAT - (DOORS OPEN 11PM-5AM)
SUN -- LIVE JAZZ /SPECIAL SINGERS/MUSICIANS)
TUESDAY OPEN MIC/KARAOKE
COMING SOON “BURLESQUE DANCERS”/AND SALSA

The Glamour Lounge is now offering free memberships to, and limited VIP memberships, should you wish to become a member, or receive more information about the exclusive Glamour Lounge please email info at glamourloungelondon.com please leave your name, address and telephone number and a member of staff will contact you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to STF Glamour Lounge and thank you for your offer of a glass on Friday night. You hit my weak spot ...

Can I clarify that this is an invitation to a free event? Normally advertising here is not permitted but as you have laced it with both alcohol and an opportunity to see SE26 on the box I think no one will object if I let this one through and even give it a bit of a push on the frontpage shortly.

Admin
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Glamour Lounge: I hope you will be encouraging your members to not drive to the club (new bus lane outside and little street parking available) and also to leave the venue quietly (residential area). I must be getting old :lol:
Any special offers for local residents ?
user100

Post by user100 »

Hurray ! So Sydenham finally has its very own BUR-LES-QUE HOUSE!! We've arrived!

(with apologies to the simpsons)

You could close down the Dolphin or the Golden Lion, and nobody would care
But the heart and soul of Sydenham
is the Maison Glamour Lounge

We're the sauce on your steak
We're the cheese in your cake
We put the 'den' in Sydenham!

We're the lace on your nightgown
The point after touchdown
We put the 'den' in Sydenham!

We're that little extra spice that makes exsistence extra nice
A giddy little thrill at a reasonable price

(Our only major quarrels are your total lack of morals)

Our skimpy costumes ain't so bad
They seem to entertain your dad

The gin in your martini
The clams on your linguinie
We keep the 'den' in Sydenham

We remember our first visit
The service waas exsquisite
(Why Joseph I had no idea)
Come on now you were working here

Without it we'd of had no fun since March of 1961
To shut them down now would be twisted
We just heard this place existed

We're the highlights in your hairdo
The extra arms on Vishnu
So don't take a BOING
We won't take a (Slidewhistle noise)

Yes let's keep the den
In Sydenham!
nasaroc

Post by nasaroc »

I shed my jeans and trainers and with two companions made my way to the Glamour Lounge just after 7pm. The door was firmly shut.

After a drink in The Greyhound we returned at around 7.30pm and were shown around by the manager, an enthusiastic and friendly man.

For any of you who haven't been into this building, it is a huge subterranean cavern consisting largely of two main rooms. On the tv programme, the owner said that it would take around £200,000 to bring the building up to standard - by the look of what we saw most of the refurbishment remains to be completed.

But these are enthusiastic people and they deserve to run a successful business (although personally, had I wanted to impress locals, I wouldn't have run an evening like the one last night in such a haphazard and disjointed way).

Apart from the refurbishment, the greatest hurdle they have to overcome is how you run a business which closes between 3am and 5am successfully in the midst of a residential area without locals getting the place shut down or the hours so curtailed it becomes inoperable. I would have thought that this could be an insurmountable obstacle.

Did anyone else go along later?
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

For any of you who haven't been into this building, it is a huge subterranean cavern consisting largely of two main rooms.
Nice description! :D Unfortunately, "nice" isn't a very descriptive word though... :?
Peak Hillbilly

Post by Peak Hillbilly »

Four of us went along on the opening night between 8-9pm. We live really close by, so wanted to see what it was like and drop in for the free residents drink at the same time. I would agree with Nasaroc's description of the venue. We met the owner, who was very friendly and welcoming, though we also were left wondering how it might thrive on a 7 night a week basis with such late hours. If any of you saw the programme, you would know that it has been taken out on a 20 year lease (with a 10 year drop out clause), so the owner will certainly be trying hard to make it a going concern.
Anna1971

Post by Anna1971 »

I caught the last 45 minutes of Life Begins Again featuring The Glamour Lounge and it was such a lovely programme. For the last ten years i've been stuck in a rut deciding whether to go ahead and open my own beauty salon but have always backed out at the last minute because of the fear of what people might say. I'm a busy mother with three beautiful boys and a wonderful husband however i have always felt like i've missed out on the chance to do my 'own thing'. However seeing Rosie's struggle as a single mother and how she got the club open single handely has given me the confidence to take the plunge and i'm now ready to give it the go ahead. I wish Rosie all the best and it was lovely to see something so uplifting when there is so much trouble in the world. I will certainly be popping down to the club with my husband.

Anna.