Central heating recommendations?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Central heating recommendations?

Post by nork1 »

I'm looking to get a new boiler installed and either get the radiators flushed or replaced. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable central heating firm?
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

LMS Gas Services based in Forest Hill are well established and very good. They have done work for us for the past 10 years and will not rip you off. They are just about to do my friend's aged mother's complete central heating installation and the guy spent an hour with her telling her exactly what would happen and how long it will take. Tel no: 0208 699 0665. Corgi Registered of course.
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

6 minutes? I was expecting a quicker response than that! :wink:

Thanks Savvy, I'll give them a go.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Last week we had our dear old floor standing 30 year old Potterton replaced by a geewizz wall hung Worcester Bosch. Big job, two days - lots of new shiny pipework nicely installed almost half the price quoted by British Gas.

ProGas 020 8676 0101 - and a Sydenham business to boot. Other people here have spoken highly of them. Now about that discount ...

Stuart
dickp

Post by dickp »

I also used progas for my install. tthey turned up on time, cleaned up afterwards, and were much cheaper than BG
simon

Post by simon »

Yes swear by Progas, a good local firm. They installed a whole new sytem for me, did it on time and gave me plenty of different cost options. They also responed quickly to one or to minor problems aferwards, at no cost.
RE

Post by RE »

I would highly recommend Abacus Gas 0800 393026, a family-run firm based in Catford. We had no central heating in the flat when we bought it, so it was installed from scratch. Eddy listened to what we wanted, and explained things well. The work was done to a high standard, and the flat was left clean at the end of every day.
Illuminance

Post by Illuminance »

stuart wrote:Last week we had our dear old floor standing 30 year old Potterton replaced by a geewizz wall hung Worcester Bosch.
I've just spent a couple of days at the Worcester Bosch factory in, er, Worcester to see just how great they are. Expensive but well worth the extra dough compared to some of the boilers on the market.

Oh, and I've crash landed back to health, almost. Even thinking of returning to London in the near future to check out the Dolphin :)