Boilers R Us

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
orlagold@gmail.com

Boilers R Us

Post by orlagold@gmail.com »

Hi I am about to get a new boiler and was wondering if anyone has any reviews on Boilers R Us in Sydenham?
I would be very interest to hear what the word on the street is.
Thanks for your advice in advance.

OC
stuart

Re: Boilers R Us

Post by stuart »

They are a relative newcomer to Sydenham so you might not get much feedback. The old established gas boiler people are Progas on the corner of Kent House Road: http://www.progasheating.co.uk/

We have had excellent service from Progas. You might want to a forum search on them for other reviews.

Stuart
orlagold@gmail.com

Post by orlagold@gmail.com »

Thanks Stuart
pip

Post by pip »

I had a new Vaillant combi fitted in December by CNB gas services. Chris Butler changed the boiler/fitted thermostatic valves to radiators all done in five hours. He was extremely polite,clean and very professional and a job well done.
Check him out for feedback on checkatrade.com

Chris Butler 07976525333
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

I'd recommend Progas too. Really good service.

Cheers

G-Man
PeterD

Post by PeterD »

I had Boilers R Us to fit my new boiler last summer.Price was very good , fitters were very reliable , work completed to building regulations and done quickly.No comebacks at all.
They do get twitchy if you ask for credit , but I stuck it on the credit card.
No problems recommending them at all.
susan

Post by susan »

I have used Progas for the last 25 years and they were excellent. However, I used Boilers R Us last and this year. They were excellent too - but much cheaper!
kam-syd

Post by kam-syd »

Recently had a new boiler put in by Boiler R Us, very competitive quote, they quoted to do the work in 2 days and did it in 1!
Nice friendly and thoughtful guys who did the work.
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Hi all,

Just found this old thread about Boilers R Us. Any more recent feedback on them? We're looking to replace our boiler and they come out a bit cheaper than Progas, and offer a longer warranty.

Thanks!
Sue
Hissing Syd

Post by Hissing Syd »

Hi Sue,

Sorry I can't offer feedback on Boilers R Us, but I recently had a new boiler fitted by ProGas and cannot recommend them highly enough. The work was incredibly swift, very efficient and tidy, and I can't speak highly enough of them. Plus, several times in the past when my old boiler broke down and I was desperate they managed to make time to come and help - I think they're a great and really trustworthy company, and I'm saying that as someone on a low income, who needs to shop around.

The boiler I got from them is guaranteed for seven years and I thought the price was very fair. Whatever you choose, good luck - I gave in and stuck the heating on yesterday, and the difference, having got rid of my ancient boiler, was incredible! All the best.
mosy

Post by mosy »

British Gas are advertising half price boilers at the moment. NB installation charged in full and no doubt other conditions. They're usually one of the most expensive for boilers so it might be worth seeing where this offer would put them on the scale.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Eon are also offering a deal on boilers but don't recall what it is
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Thanks all. I do like the sound of Progas but BoilersRUs offer a ten year warranty on the boiler we want so can't really turn that down. Will report back with how we get on!
Looking forward to warmer (hopefully cheaper) winter ;-)
alywin

Post by alywin »

That *does* sound good: I get the impression boilers aren't expected to last that long these days :(
OnCrestOfHill

Post by OnCrestOfHill »

I too had a boiler fitted by Progas. I opted for a 10 year guarantee. They were pleasant, straightforward and easy to deal with and (if only 2 years later) the boiler has caused no trouble at all. I would use them again.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

10 year boiler warranties are sometimes offered by the manufacturers these days, the installers simply pass them on. I moved in to a flat where they had previously installed the boiler and flue. Subsequently they refused to offer a contract questioning their own installation. Could have been an off day (and perhaps an old legacy job / rogue engineer as admittedly some time had elapsed between the install and the discussion); but regardless, it turned my “Progas” permanently off....
Luckily for me I have commercial grade trade contacts who gave me the asssurances I needed to restore my comfort with the installation.
Shame as I try to support local business where I can and they seemed perfectly respectable and competent at first.
I put it down to the fact that the boiler was starting to age and they had taken a commercial decision not to contract for its repair; but I feel I would have needlessly been left with the disquiet if I wasn’t able to obtain a second opinion. Not everyone would be so lucky to be in that position.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Aylwin observed
I get the impression boilers aren't expected to last that long these days
I think that's because they are so high-tech and complex now. There's more to go wrong!
Robinj03

Post by Robinj03 »

Boilers R Us just installed my new boiler this morning and couldn't be happier with the service. Very polite, tidy and helpful. All done by midday and they cleaned up everything. My neighbour did lots of research and found them to be the most competitive of the companies she looked into. So when my boiler packed in on the coldest day of the year, I went straight to Boilers R Us based on the recommendation. Very glad I did and would gladly recommend
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

i would like to point out that the previous post is the first and only post by this person.
May be best to take his view with a pinch of salt for now!

admin
maestro

Post by maestro »

Property now repossessed by bailiffs on behalf of the landlord.