Alarm going off in upper sydenham?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
KM

Alarm going off in upper sydenham?

Post by KM »

An alarm has been going off since before 930 this morning; loud, building alarm, possibly Sydenham Girls?
Anyone know where it is and what is going on?
Feeling sorry to those who live by it. It is so loud.
bag lady

Re: Alarm going off in upper sydenham?

Post by bag lady »

It stopped at 4:25am this morning...
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

It should cut out within 20 minutes. If it doesn't then you can call the environmental health team who have powers to enter premises and turn it off manually at the expense of the owners.

For future reference: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/e ... larms.aspx
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

We have had problems in the past with the (very noisy) Sydenham Girls alarm going off (and not cutting out) at weekends. I contacted the school about it on one occasion; if I remember aright, I was told that there is a resident caretaker who however, on the occasion in question, didn't hear it!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Robin Orton wrote:We have had problems in the past with the (very noisy) Sydenham Girls alarm going off (and not cutting out) at weekends. I contacted the school about it on one occasion; if I remember aright, I was told that there is a resident caretaker who however, on the occasion in question, didn't hear it!
I had a similar problem with the alarm at Forest Hill school. There is a sign on the fence with the name and emergency contact number for the security company responsible for the alarm. I called them if the alarm went on for longer than 45 minutes at night - after me calling them and making them come out three nights in a row, a problem that had been going on for months was suddenly fixed.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Thanks for this, Rachael. I find there is a similar sign near the main entrance to Sydenham Girls. If anyone wants to note this for future reference, it appears that the people to ring are Rehene Security - 24-hour emergency number 020 7511 1777.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

No, I'm wrong - it's 020 7511 9870.