Fairlawn Park

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Laughalot11

Fairlawn Park

Post by Laughalot11 »

Hello there,
I'm new to this forum and just looking for a bit of locals advice. We are thinking of moving to Fairlawn Park (buying) which I guess is lower Sydenham. We have a baby under 1 and would be new to the area.
We are looking forward to making the move to Sydenham, but I've seen some old posts on here expressing residents particular concerns of antisocial behaviour on/around Fairlawn park. These posts are from a while ago and I know every area has it's issues but now we have a baby I suppose I'm more concerned about these things.
So can anyone tell me what it's like around Fairlawn Park? Do you like living there? Is there some community spirit? It would be particularly great to here from some of those living in/around Fairlawn Park.
We look forward to joining you all soon!
leenewham

Re: Fairlawn Park

Post by leenewham »

PM sent
Howard Staunton

Post by Howard Staunton »

As someone who posted about antisocial behaviour on Fairlawn Park some years ago I am happy to say that I have not been aware of any problems in recent years. It's a very nice street on which to bring up a young family. Where I live, at the top of the street, there are a good number of families with young children and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to prospective Fairlawners.
GillM

Post by GillM »

It's a lovely street and always has been! You will love it. Good luck with your move.
WeatherGirl

Post by WeatherGirl »

I've lived on Fairlawn for a few years. I like living here and we've already seen improvements in the time that we've been here.
Laughalot11

Post by Laughalot11 »

Thanks everyone, great to get some positive feedback. Hopefully we will be joining you all soon!