Dog barking every evening, Kirkdale/Sydenham Park?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
KM

Dog barking every evening, Kirkdale/Sydenham Park?

Post by KM »

Has anyone in Kirkdale/ Sydenham Park (?) area noticed a dog constantly barking most evenings? Seems to be left outside somewhere. I can hear it near Peak Hill so am only assuming this is the area.

Poor thing has been barking for about 2 hours now, it is now 2230. This happens most evenings. It sounds like a medium/large dog.

Makes me think it is being neglected. I'm no dog lover but the noise is awful, this has gone one all summer.

Does anyone else hear it or know where it is?
Eagle

Re: Dog barking every evening, Kirkdale/Sydenham Park?

Post by Eagle »

Contact RSPCA.

simples
KM

Post by KM »

Of course!
I'm hoping someone else on the forum has also heard it and knows where this dog is, as I am only guessing at its location.
Anyone?
staylor

Post by staylor »

Hi, I have heard the dog its been going on for a while and I think I know the house where it is, If it's the dog I think it is then I've already contacted there housing but still nothing has been done, I actually can't believe there neighbours haven't done anything.
Bunty

Post by Bunty »

Go with your instinct and call RSPCA.
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

I think its located in the new housing association development just off Kirkdale, between Peak Hill and Sydenham Park.
KM

Post by KM »

Thanks for your responses so far and for the PMs.
Powerrangerally

Post by Powerrangerally »

hi

i actually live next door and yes drives me mad, but it is loved and cared for - i agree its barking is constant at night and early morning.

i have just moved here and to be honest it's driving me mad but I have to live next door to these people and I really don't want to start a war - I shall inform them that residents are complaining and show them this thread.
dickp

Post by dickp »

You can buy device that responds with an unpleasant 'high frequency sound that only dogs can hear every time it barks. I bought one for my own mutt, and it trained him pretty quickly to stop barking at night.

Not an ideal solution, but also one that should preserve neighbour relations. You don't even need to tell the.neighbour you've bought one because they're sensitive enough to work between properties if you leave it outside in your own garden.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

KM wrote:Has anyone in Kirkdale/ Sydenham Park (?) area noticed a dog constantly barking most evenings? Seems to be left outside somewhere. I can hear it near Peak Hill so am only assuming this is the area.

Poor thing has been barking for about 2 hours now, it is now 2230. This happens most evenings. It sounds like a medium/large dog.

Makes me think it is being neglected. I'm no dog lover but the noise is awful, this has gone one all summer.

Does anyone else hear it or know where it is?
Has the dog stopped barking at night?
dorino

Post by dorino »

We have constant barking in the evening from local dogs. We've had four hours solid of yapping tonight and another dog has joined in now, after midnight...any advice on how to stop it without getting neighbours' backs up? I'm at my wit's end and it's waking my daughter up.