Class Abuse

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

fishcox wrote:I watched the news last night - it was lucky that it was filmed before the usual Greyhound regulars were sitting outside, otherwise it would probably have turned into a national news item.
I agree. Perhaps it was Giro day and they were all decamped to the P.O. spending their 'hard-earned' cash in the two-half's?

Just for the record Dutch Cow it is Greg and not Gregg...it's is a shortened version of Gregory. And whilst nork1 might not like the fact that there are more and more ABC1's moving in he/she might like to consider that it will stimulate more of what Sydenham needs such as Deli's etc.

The question no-one seems to be asking is where exactly will the riff-raff from the Greyhound go now? The Windmill has limited capacity and I'd imagine the police are rather secure in the knowledge that the perpetrators of crimes (generally committed by the Wells Park Estate residents) are easily apprehended by a quick 'recce' of the Greyhound.

That's going to change now?
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Greg Whitehead wrote:Although he does drink in The Greyhound so perhaps £shops are more in keeping with his disposable income.
You're a bit quick to jump to conclusions there Greg. I drink in a variety of pubs. I was in the Greyhound yesterday. I was in the Dolphin yesterday. I was in the Railway watching Rugby on Saturday. So what? I like pubs and I'm not particularly obsessive about surrounding myself with any particular class or profession.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Greg Whitehead wrote: And whilst nork1 might not like the fact that there are more and more ABC1's moving in he/she might like to consider that it will stimulate more of what Sydenham needs such as Deli's etc.
I agree,it's the area's most pressing need.
I think most of the social problems experienced in Sydenham could be solved if The Greyhound could be converted into a Deli.
Look at how Kensington High Street has transformed since Barkers turned into Whole Foods.It's an example we would do well to follow.
Last edited by stone-penge on 10 Aug 2007 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
nork1

Post by nork1 »

stone-penge wrote:
Greg Whitehead wrote: And whilst nork1 might not like the fact that there are more and more ABC1's moving in he/she might like to consider that it will stimulate more of what Sydenham needs such as Deli's etc.
I agree,it's the area's most pressing need.
I think most of the social problems experienced in Sydenham could be solved if the Greyhound could be converted into a Deli.
Look at how Kensington High Street has transformed since Barkers turned in Whole Foods.It's an example we would do well to follow.
Great thinking. I'm for social inclusion so maybe there could be a back entrance where the oiks and scum could get their olive bread out of sight of the more upwardly mobile residents so as not to cause offence by their mere existence. Hey presto, everyone's happy. I know my place so I'd be more than happy to use it.
Last edited by nork1 on 10 Aug 2007 21:12, edited 2 times in total.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

nork1 wrote: Hey presto, everyone's happy.
I assume you mean Hey Pesto!
:lol:
nork1

Post by nork1 »

goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

Greg Whitehead wrote:
The question no-one seems to be asking is where exactly will the riff-raff from the Greyhound go now? The Windmill has limited capacity and I'd imagine the police are rather secure in the knowledge that the perpetrators of crimes (generally committed by the Wells Park Estate residents) are easily apprehended by a quick 'recce' of the Greyhound.

Thats a bit of a generalisation - im sure my mum and dad are not stealing and hiding in the Greyhound - Im used to people talking crap at times on this forum but this time Greg you've won the Bull$hit award of the week
nork1

Post by nork1 »

:mrgreen:
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

goonerchamp wrote:
Greg Whitehead wrote:

Thats a bit of a generalisation - im sure my mum and dad are not stealing and hiding in the Greyhound - Im used to people talking crap at times on this forum but this time Greg you've won the Bull$hit award of the week

So...you've moved from the Wells Park Estate to above a shop...I suppose in certain circles that 's considered successful and moving up in the world. Oh my, between stone-penge, nork1 and goonerchamp it would certainly appear as if the peasant underclasses are ganging up against little old me.

This inverse snobbery is really rather trying. I'll perhaps revert to the vernacular you'd feel most comfortable with despite the fact that (mercifully) you are all three representative of only 35% of the resident (that is clearly not to say owner occupiers if I remember correctly from Nasaroc) population.

'Da fing is roit, ap n dan Sidnam ders lodz of posh streetz, innnit. Wen you look at da i stret its loik Wembley or Ackni or sumfink. Tha workaz and dat, they rawn from da stassion an dont reeli spend nuffink nor no toim in the too alfs. Thay fink dat dey want a Waitrosse or sumfink and oi say nah as there's only 65% of thim. Let Sidnam look loik Soufall when you droiv ap it.'

And that's the point. Yes, I admit I ought to perhaps keep my counsel but I shall not and need not apologise for the fact that the vast majority of shops are not representative of the greater need of the rather wealthy owner-occupiers that cling to the foothills...

I'm tired of this. Interesting how you all shout me down and think nothing of attacking me in your inimitable C2DE manner when under the protection of anonymity. On that basis I challenge you to whatever you wish. I've gone on record under my full name and address, if you look around there're some numbers somewhere. Anything that doesn't involve physical violence or a trade or anyhthing equally vulgar and I'll wager I'll best you at.

I'll post a picture, we can compare attractiveness, physical stature, attire, wealth, and academic achievements - whatever parameters you care to choose.

How vociferous though art when you don't even use your real name. I appreciate you have a right to share the same area and not for one minute would I wish Sydenham to return to the AB1 enclave of Victoriana but I and my kind are here in increasing numbers and are demanding of business' to cater for us (such as the Dolphin and Wellbeing) and we will not be shouted down any longer, after all we spend not inconsiderable revenues buying the properties and restoring them to former glories.

No, I do not have to like you nor you I and I do my best to tolerate but back under your collective stones.
Dutch Cow

Post by Dutch Cow »

I new a chap many years ago who was a very talented sportsman. He never put these talents to full use preferring to play team sports for lower grade sides and stand out as a super star than play with a higher abilty field and appear average. He admitted that this was his plan, I always found that a little sad as an out look on life and untill the previous post, a unique game plan.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Methinks Greg doth protest too much, especially as he considers The Dolphin and Wellbeing as the pinnacle of social aspiration

I think we have Sydenham's answer to Charles Pooter.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These posts have been moved from the Greyhound thread as they moved off-topic. This thread is now closed.

Admin