Front door- Where to buy?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Ria

Front door- Where to buy?

Post by Ria »

We are replacing our front door with the frame..any recommendations where to buy....or suggestions for a company that will supply and fit?
Thanks a lot!
stuart

Re: Front door- Where to buy?

Post by stuart »

You could ask the lady that runs the door shop in Penge (on the crossroads opposite the old Police Station & Pawlene Arms). She supplies both doors and can arrange for local tradesmen to fit.

Stuart
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

Distinguish doors - on corner of Waldram Place and Perry Vale - just near 'rear' entrance to Forest Hill Station.
http://www.distinguishdoors.co/
simon

Post by simon »

I would not recommend the place Stuart mentions. I bought an internal door from them a few years ago and I still think I was conned. Fitter was useless as well.
I got my front door from Dawes for Doors which is now http://www.distinguishdoors.co/. and very nice is it is too. People who fitted it were most professional.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

We used Dawes for Doors about 4 years ago and I wouldn't recommend them, they refused to fix a lock that jammed a month after the fitting which left us out of pocket to get it fixed and locked out of the house, the door has warped and you cant close it without having to use a key. They caused lots of hassle by messing us around and personally would never use them again.
jonathan_har

Post by jonathan_har »

We used this company www.sollex.co.uk for timber doors and windows and they were excellent and very good value, still working perfectly 3 years on. Only issue was neither the sales guy nor the fitters were 1st language English, so communication could have been better.