*Waves hello* with a question

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Parker1970

*Waves hello* with a question

Post by Parker1970 »

Hi all, just moved into Sydenham after finally moving back south of the river after a long 8 years in East London (Urgh!)

Any opinions on the doctors surgery opposite Sydenham Station (Next to Property World)? It looks a bit dilapidated....

Any advice appreciated!
Thanks in advance
An Ex-East Londoner who has finally come home.
(Phil)
Annie.

Re: *Waves hello* with a question

Post by Annie. »

Hi Phil and welcome,
Although I no longer live in Sydenham, I was registered for at least 25 + years at the Sydenham Green health centre in Bell Green (by Sainsbury's ) I never used the one on the bridge but a friend of mine did, she said that the Doctor would be writing the prescription out before she had finished telling him her symptoms! However this was a few years back now.

The Sydenham Green centre is very busy, but I used their online appointment system which is good (unless in an urgent case).

While you are asking about health related things, I would also recommend Bolney Court Dental surgery, I was also there for the same period of time, "Margaret" is great with children, mine enjoyed going there!

Good luck with whom ever you choose.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I also welcome you back . I must agree with Annie about the dental surgery which I have used since 70's.

Re doctors , i agree the surgery by the railway looks a bit of a wreck. Years ago used to be a Dr Wilde , then Dr Djanji , both who were excellent.

You may have trouble registering at Bell Green as think they may be full.
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

My estate agent also recommended the surgery in Bell Green, I will give them a call to see if they are accepting new patients, so thanks for that advice.

As for the dentist, thanks also, my current dentist is in New Eltham and I stayed with him even though I was living in East London as he knew I am a very nervous dental patient, so it would be nice not to have to travel all that way if there is a good dentist nearby.

Thanks for all the tips, clearly I have moved to a good community, a breath of fresh air by comparison to Bethnal Green I can assure you :lol:
HappySyd

Post by HappySyd »

Hi Parker1970
I've been using the Sydenham Surgery for the past 8 years and have never had a problem getting an appointment.

I've always found them very friendly and courteous.

Book and cover :D
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

Well apologies for bumping an old thread but...

I just finally got around to registering (work has been manic)... this is my experience of the Sydenham Surgery.

Yesterday I decided it was time to register with a doctors sugery in Sydenham after my move here. I went into one a few doors down from my home and asked to register. She pushed some forms through the window "complete them and come back" <she walks off>.

Today I took the completed forms in along with a utility bill to prove my address, "LONDON is not good enough for place of birth" and gives me the form back. So I write "Dulwich" on it and give it back.

"You need to see the nurse for a medical next Monday" she says.

"I'm off this week, do you have anything earlier or later as I cant take my first day back at work off for a medical"

"YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS MEDICAL OR YOU CANT REGISTER" in an agressive tone.

I never said I would not attend a medical, just not on Monday if that is the level of my first experience then I will damn well make sure it was my last... so I walked out.

1 hour later after a bit of googling, I am now registered at Wells Park Surgery, staff were very friendly and all sorted in 1 hour. That is more like it.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Does not sound very customer friendly. Thankfully you have found the Wells Park Surgery.