Good Cheesecake?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Falkor

Good Cheesecake?

Post by Falkor »

Does anyone know any restaurants, cafes or supermarkets that sell a *REALLY good quality* cheesecake? If so then please post your findings in this topic... Criteria: original style or new york style with no topping to disguise the core flavour--must be rich and full-bodied flavour. Must have digestive biscuit base.

Who, here, is good at cooking Cheesecake? :P
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Best cheesecake I've had locally was at the Dulwich gallery cafe.But its not always on the menu there as I discovered to my great disappointment
Best brought cheesecake is the rhubarb one purchased in slices at the bakery counter in Waitrose Beckenham
Best home made cheese cake I've made follows a recipe using crushed plain chocolate digestive biscuits as a base with a coffee flavoured Mascarpone cheese centre topped by a layer of soured cream cooked in a spring sided cake tin in the oven which is wrapped in tinfoil and then placed on a deep sided oven tray into which water is placed to achieve a sort of bain marie effect

Did I tell you I love Cheesecake?
sophie

Post by sophie »

No use to you I know BUT there used to be a fab Italian in Catford a few years ago (Cantina I think it was called) the did the BEST cheesecake ever. In fact people used to go specifically to eat the cheesecake there. I don't think it was open for long.