Any ex pupils of St Bartholomew's Primary School?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
LouieM

Any ex pupils of St Bartholomew's Primary School?

Post by LouieM »

Hi there,

I'm part of the PTA of St Bartholomew's Primary School on The Peak in Sydenham and this year is the 200 year anniversary of there being a school called St Bart's in Sydenham. Because of this, we've chosen to theme our Summer Fair around this - St Bart's Big Birthday and we'd love to hear from anyone who went to the school in days gone by. We'd love to hear any anecdotes or see any pictures you may have. We'll be preparing a mini exhibition about the history of the school so please do get in touch if you have anything you could contribute. My email address is lkmatthews99@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!

Louie
KM

Re: Any ex pupils of St Bartholomew's Primary School?

Post by KM »

Louie
Try the Town Museum for threads about school pupils and a bit of history about the school too.
Hope you get some great feedback and stories!
Kate
bradfordroadgirl

Post by bradfordroadgirl »

Do you use face book? There is a group set up for St Bartholomews - I can paste your request there if it helps?
I went there donkeys years ago and so did all 5 of my children. 2 of my grandchildren went there also! I've made note of your email address and will be in touch.
bay1978

Post by bay1978 »

This Saturday 27 June, 12-3pm is the St Bart's Big Birthday Summer Fair. We would love you to come and celebrate 200 years of St Bartholomew's Primary School.

There will be a history trail, BBQ and drinks, cake stall, games, raffle, tombola, plant stall, bouncy castles, children's birthday arts and craft, Forest School activities as well as a special 200 birthday cake and meet Lloyd Warbey, best known from Disney's Art Attack!

All are welcome and we would love so see lots of past pupils and staff of the school.

For more information see our website http://www.friendsofstbarts.info/post/1 ... -200-years
Jackdaw

Post by Jackdaw »

Sorry to have missed the St Bart's Big Birthday Summer Fair but I now live near Inveraray in Argyll and it would have been a long journey!
I attended St Bart's 1946-1952 and well remember the tarmac playground and the outside toilets - especially in winter... The teachers I most recall were 1) Miss Allan in the first class: a gentle soul and a good teacher beloved by all the children and 2) Mr Williams of course (who could forget). Much respected (feared might be a better word!) by the children and appreciated by the parents for his outstanding success in getting his pupils through the 11+. I can still remember the gasps of amazement from their fellow pupils when one or two of the names of those who had passed were read out.
Also became a member of the church choir which started me off on: 1) a long smoking career - now finished (round the back of the church after choir practice) and 2) a lifelong love of choral music.